1. Sullivan JM. Trends and characteristics of animal‑vehicle collisions in the United States. J Safety Res 2011;42:9‑16.
2. Bissonette JA, Kassar CA, Cook LJ. Assessment of costs associated with deer‑Vehicle collisions: Human death and injury, vehicle damage, and deer loss. Hum Wildl Confl 2008;2:17‑27.
3. Rowden P, Steinhardt D, Sheehan M. Road crashes involving animals in Australia. Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:1865‑71.
4. Haikonen H, Summala H. Deer‑vehicle crashes: Extensive peak at 1 hour after sunset. Am J Prev Med 2001;21:209‑13.
5. Moradi NB. Manual for Reducing Vehicle Accidents with Animals: Roads and Transportation Organization; 1391. Available from: https://www.remto.ir. [Last accessed on 2019 May 27].
6. Knapp KK. Investigation of Deer‑Vehicle Crash Data and Countermeasure Implementation in Texas. Houston: Southwest Region University Transportation Center (US); 2008.
7. Sullivan JM, Flannagan MJ. Differences in geometry of pedestrian crashes in daylight and darkness. J Safety Res 2011;42:33‑7.
8. Messenger S. Trillions of insects killed by cars every year, says study, Treehugger, 2020: available at:https://www.treehugger.com/, 2019/05/04.
9. Huijser MP, Duffield JW, Clevenger AP, Ament RJ, McGowen PT. Cost‑benefit analyses of mitigation measures aimed at reducing collisions with large ungulates in the United States and Canada: A decision support tool. Ecol Soc 2009;14:15.
10. Wollan M. Mapping Traffic’s Toll on Wildlife. New York Times 2010;12:15. Available at: www.nytimes.com. [Last accessed on 2010 September 12].
11. Wilkins DC, Kockelman KM, Jiang N. Animal‑vehicle collisions in Texas: How to protect travelers and animals on roadways. Accid Anal Prev 2019;131:157‑70.
12. Boorboormoradi N, Manual for Reducing Vehicle Accidents with Animals, Iranian Road Maintenance and Transportation Organization, 2012, p.22-31.
13. Sepahvand T. Animal Death on the Road and the Need for Effective Policy Making. Public Policy study Network; 2017.
14. Madsen AB, Strandgaard H, Prang A. Factors causing traffic killings of roe deer Capreolus capreolus in Denmark. Wildl Biol 2002;8:55‑61.
15. Hothorn T, Müller J, Held L, Möst L, Mysterud A. Temporal patterns of deer‑Vehicle collisions consistent with deer activity pattern and density increase but not general accident risk. Accid Anal Prev 2015;81:143‑52.
16. Hosseini SM, Khorasani‑Zavareh D, AbbasiA. Challenges and strategies for preventing vehicle collisions with camels in South Khorasan Province: A qualitative study. Saf Promot Inj Prev 2018;6:43‑8.
17. Williams AF, Wells JK. Characteristics of vehicle‑animal crashes in which vehicle occupants are killed. Traffic Inj Prev 2005;6:56‑9.
18. Zapka J, Simpson K, Hiott L, Langston L, Fakhry S, Ford D. A mixed methods descriptive investigation of readiness to change in rural hospitals participating in a tele‑critical care intervention. BMC Health Serv Res 2013;13:1.
19. Lin SC. Landscape and traffic factors affecting animal road mortality. J Environ Eng Landsc Manage 2016;24:10‑20.
20. Shen L, Lu J, Long M, Chen T. Identification of accident blackspots on rural roads using grid clustering and principal component clustering. Math Probl Eng 2019;2019:1-12.
21. Solanki D, Beleem I, Kanejiya J, Gohil B. A study on animal‑vehicle collision in Bhavnagar city and nearby area, Gujarat, India. J Entomol Zool Stud 2017;5:622‑5.
22. Monsef Kasmayi V, Assadi P, Maleki Ziabari SM. The epidemiologic of the traffic accidents helped by EMS, Guilan 2011‑2013. Iran J Forensic Med 2014;20:55‑60.
23. Monsef V, Asadi P. Mortality due to road traffic injuries in Guilan province in 2011‑2012. Saf Promot Inj Prev 2015;3:97‑102.
24. Davoudi kiakalayeh A, Yousefzade Chabok S, Kouchakinejad Eramsadati L. Burden of Traffic Accidents and the related Factors in Rural Population of Guilan Province. Jour Guilan Uni Med Sci. 2017; 26:62-70
25. Lagos L, Picos J, Valero E. Temporal pattern of wild ungulate‑related traffic accidents in northwest Spain. Eur J Wildl Res 2012;58:661‑8.
26. NeumannW, EricssonG, DettkiH, BunnefeldN, KeulerNS, HelmersDP, et al. Difference in spatiotemporal patterns of wildlife road‑crossings and wildlife‑vehicle collisions. Biol Conserv 2012;145:70‑8.
27. Khalilikhah M, Heaslip K. Improvement of the performance of animal crossing warning signs. J Safety Res 2017;62:1‑2.
28. Thurfjell H, Spong G, Olsson M, Ericsson G. Avoidance of high traffic levels results in lower risk of wild boar‑vehicle accidents. Landsc Urban Plan 2015;133:98‑104.
29. Ramp D, Croft D. Saving Wildlife: Saving People on Our Roads: Annual Report. The University of New South Wales, School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences Wildlife‑Highway Crossing Mitigation Measures References; 2002.