1. World Health Organization. Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018. Licence: CC BYNCSA 3.0 IGO. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2018.
2. Rohani‑Rasaf M, Mehrabi Y, Hashemi‑Nazari SS, Looha MA, Soori H. The role of interaction‑based effects on fatal accidents using logic regression. Arch Trauma Res 2018;7:140.
3. Etehad H, Yousefzadeh‑Chabok SH, Davoudi‑Kiakalaye A, Moghadam Dehnadi A, Hemati H, Mohtasham‑Amiri Z. Impact of road traffic accidents on the elderly. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 2015;61:489‑93.
4. O’Keeffe F, Dockree P, Moloney P, Carton S, Robertson IH. Awareness of deficits in traumatic brain injury: A multidimensional approach to assessing metacognitive knowledge and online‑awareness. J Int Neuropsychol Soc 2007;13:38‑49.
5. Borkar SA, Sinha S, Agrawal D, Satyarthee GD, Gupta D, Mahapatra AK. Severe head injury in the elderly: risk factor assessment and outcome analysis in a series of 100 consecutive patients at a Level 1 trauma centre. Indian Journal of Neurotrauma. 2011;8:77-82.
6. Hyder AA, Wunderlich CA, Puvanachandra P, Gururaj G, Kobusingye OC. The impact of traumatic brain injuries: A global perspective. NeuroRehabilitation 2007;22:341‑53.
7. Richmond R, Aldaghlas TA, Burke C, RizzoAG, Griffen M, Pullarkat R, et al. Age: Is it all in the head? Factors influencing mortality in elderly patients with head injuries. J Trauma 2011;71:E8‑E11.
8. Monsef Kasmaei V, Asadi P, Zohrevandi B, Raouf MT. An epidemiologic study of traumatic brain injuries in emergency department. Emerg (Tehran) 2015;3:141‑5.
9. Sanaei‑Zadeh H, Vahabi R, Nazparvar B, Amoei M. An epidemiological study and determination of causes of traffic accident‑related deaths in Tehran, Iran (during 2000‑2001). J Clin Forensic Med 2002;9:74‑7.
10. Azami‑Aghdash S, Aghaei MH, Sadeghi‑Bazarghani H. Epidemiology of road traffic injuries among elderly people; A systematic review and meta‑analysis. Bull Emerg Trauma 2018;6:279‑91.
11. LeBlanc J, de Guise E, Gosselin N, Feyz M. Comparison of functional outcome following acute care in young, middle‑aged and elderly patients with traumatic brain injury. Brain Inj 2006;20:779‑90.
12. Frankel JE, Marwitz JH, Cifu DX, Kreutzer JS, Englander J, Rosenthal M, et al. A follow‑up study of older adults with traumatic brain injury: Taking into account decreasing length of stay. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2006;87:57‑62.
13. Shimoda K, Maeda T, Tado M, Yoshino A, Katayama Y, Bullock MR, et al. Outcome and surgical management for geriatric traumatic brain injury: Analysis of 888 cases registered in the Japan neurotrauma data bank. World Neurosurg 2014;82:1300‑6.
14. Papa L, Mendes ME, Braga CF. Mild traumatic brain injury among the geriatric population. Curr Transl Geriatr Exp Gerontol Rep 2012;1:135‑42.
15. Coronado VG, Thomas KE, Sattin RW, Johnson RL. The CDC traumatic brain injury surveillance system: Characteristics of persons aged 65 years and older hospitalized with a TBI. J Head Trauma Rehabil 2005;20:215‑28.
16. Thompson HJ, McCormick WC, Kagan SH. Traumatic brain injury in older adults: Epidemiology, outcomes, and future implications. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006;54:1590‑5.
17. Abou‑Raya S, ElMeguid LA. Road traffic accidents and the elderly. Geriatr Gerontol Int 2009;9:290‑7.
18. Gaetani P, Revay M, Sciacca S, Pessina F, Aimar E, Levi D, et al. Traumatic brain injury in the elderly: Considerations in a series of 103 patients older than 70. J Neurosurg Sci 2012;56:231‑7.
19. Santos AM, Rodrigues RA, Diniz MA. Trauma in the elderly caused by traffic accident: integrative review. Revista da Escola de Enfermagem da USP. 2015;49:162-72.
20. Sinha VD, Gupta V, Singh DK, Chopra S, Gupta P, Bagaria H. Geriatric head injuries – Experience and expectations. Indian J Neurotrauma 2008;5:69‑73.
21. Borkar SA, Sinha S, Agrawal D, Satyarthee GD, Gupta D, MahapatraAK. Severe head injury in the elderly: Risk factor assessment and outcome analysis in a series of 100 consecutive patients at a level 1 trauma centre. Indian J Neurotrauma 2011;8:77‑82.
22. Timler D, Dworzyński MJ, Szarpak Ł, Gaszyńska E, Dudek K, Gałązkowski R. Head trauma in elderly patients: Mechanisms of injuries and CT findings. Adv Clin Exp Med 2015;24:1045‑50.
23. Hadirzadeh MR, Fadaye Vatan R, Akbari Kamrani AA, Davatgaran K, Hashemi Nazari SS, Mirtorabi SD. Road accident mortality rate of the Iranian elderly from 2006 to 2008. Salmand 2012;7:49‑56.
24. Yeo YY, Lee SK, Lim CY, Quek LS, Ooi SB. A review of elderly injuries seen in a Singapore emergency department. Singapore Med J 2009;50:278‑83.
25. Ruelas González MG, Salgado de Snyder VN. Accidental injuries in older adults: Achallenge for the health systems. Salud Publica Mex2008;50:463‑71. 26. Røe C, Skandsen T, Manskow U, Ader T, Anke A. Mortality and one‑year functional outcome in elderly and very old patients with severe traumatic brain injuries: Observed and predicted. Behav Neurol 2015;2015:845491.
27. Susman M, DiRusso SM, Sullivan T, Risucci D, Nealon P, Cuff S, et al. Traumatic brain injury in the elderly: Increased mortality and worse functional outcome at discharge despite lower injury severity. J Trauma 2002;53:219‑23.