1. Sheng E. Statistical Analysis of Motor Vehicle Crash in Texas [MSc Thesis]. San Antonio: University of Texas and San Antonio; 2017.
2. Chen H, Du W, Li N, Chen G, Zheng X. The socioeconomic inequality in traffic‑related disability among Chinese adults: The application of concentration index. Accid Anal Prev 2013;55:101‑6.
3. Ameratunga S, Hijar M, Norton R. Road‑traffic injuries: Confronting disparities to address a global‑health problem. Lancet 2006;367:1533‑40.
4. Soori H, Ainy E, Bazargan‑Hejazi S. Opportunities, threats and barriers to enacting mandatory child car restraint laws in Iran. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2015;22:314‑9.
5. Sadeghi‑Bazargani H, Ayubi E, Azami‑Aghdash S, Abedi L, Zemestani A, Amanati L, et al. Epidemiological patterns of road traffic crashes during the last two decades in Iran: A review of the literature from 1996 to 2014. Arch Trauma Res 2016;5:e32985.
6. Zimmerman K, Jinadasa D, Maegga B, Guerrero A. Road traffic injury on rural roads in Tanzania: Measuring the effectiveness of a road safety program. Traffic Inj Prev 2015;16:456‑60.
7. World Health Organization. World report on road traffic injury prevention– main messages 2016. Available from: http://www.who.int/ mediacentre/factsheets/fs358/en/. [Last accessed on 2017 Apr 16].
8. Toroyan T. Road traffic injury prevention receives boost from Bloomberg Family Foundation. Injury Prev 2007;13:431-6.
9. Akbari ME, Naghavi M, Soori H. Epidemiology of deaths from injuries in the Islamic Republic of Iran. East Mediterr Health J 2006;12:382‑90.
10. Izadi N, Najafi F, Khosravi A, Hashemi‑Nazari SS, Salari A, Soori H. Estimation of mortality and calculated years of lost life from road traffic injuries. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2014;23:1‑10.
11. Naghavi M, Shahraz S, Bhalla K, Jafari N, Pourmalek F, Bartels D, et al. Adverse health outcomes of road traffic injuries in Iran after rapid motorization. Arch Iran Med 2009;12:284‑94.
12. Murray CJ, Vos T, Lozano R, Naghavi M, Flaxman AD, Michaud C. Disability‑adjusted life years (DALYs) for 291 diseases and injuries in 21 regions, 1990‑2010: A systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study 2010. Lancet 2012;380:2197‑223.
13. Bhalla K, Naghavi M, Shahraz S, Bartels D, Murray CJ. Building national estimates of the burden of road traffic injuries in developing countries from all available data sources: Iran. Inj Prev 2009;15:150‑6.
14. Arcaya MC, Arcaya AL, Subramanian SV. Inequalities in health: Definitions, concepts, and theories. Glob Health Action 2015;8:27106.
15. Jones AP, Haynes R, Kennedy V, Harvey IM, Jewell T, Lea D. Geographical variations in mortality and morbidity from road traffic accidents in England and Wales. Health Place 2008;14:519‑35.
16. Hosking J, Ameratunga S, Exeter D, Stewart J, Bell A. Ethnic, socioeconomic and geographical inequalities in road traffic injury rates in the Auckland Region. Aust N Z J Public Health 2013;37:162‑7.
17. Mirzaei M, Mirzadeh M, Shogaei Far H, Mirzaei M. Trends in road traffic deaths in Yazd, Iran, 2004–2010. Arch Trauma Res 2016;5:e29266. 18. Soori H, Royanian M, Zali AR, Movahedinejad A. Road traffic injuries in Iran: The role of interventions implemented by traffic police. Traffic Inj Prev 2009;10:375‑8.
19. Bahadorimonfared A, Soori H, Mehrabi Y, Delpisheh A, Esmaili A, Salehi M. Trends of fatal road traffic injuries in Iran (2004‑2011). PLoS One 2013;8:e65198.
20. Rasouli MR, Nouri M, Zarei MR, Saadat S, Rahimi‑Movaghar V. Comparison of road traffic fatalities and injuries in Iran with other countries. Chin J Traumatol 2008;11:131‑4.
21. Weiss SJ, Ellis R, Ernst AA, Land RF, Garza A. A comparison of rural and urban ambulance crashes. Am J Emerg Med 2001;19:52‑6.
22. Muelleman RL, Mueller K. Fatal motor vehicle crashes: Variations of crash characteristics within rural regions of different population densities. J Trauma 1996;41:315‑20.
23. Muelleman RL, Walker RA, Edney JA. Motor vehicle deaths: A rural epidemic. J Trauma 1993;35:717‑9.
24. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Traffic Safety Facts, 2001. Overview. National Center for Statistics and Analysis; 2001.
25. Maio RF, Green PE, Becker MP, Burney RE, Compton C. Rural motor vehicle crash mortality: The role of crash severity and medical resources. Accid Anal Prev 1992;24:631‑42.
26. Sivak M, Schoettle B, Minoda T, Flannagan MJ. Potential visibility gains on straight and curved roads from proportional increases in low-beam headlamp intensities. Lighting Research & Technology 2006;38:259-66.
27. Boland M, Staines A, Fitzpatrick P, Scallan E. Urban‑rural variation in mortality and hospital admission rates for unintentional injury in Ireland. J Epidemiol Community Health 2005;59:551‑7.
28. Noland RB, Quddus MA. A spatially disaggregate analysis of road casualties in England. Accid Anal Prev 2004;36:973‑84.
29. Graham DJ, Glaister S. Spatial variation in road pedestrian casualties: the role of urban scale, density and land‑use mix. Urban Stud 2003;40:1591‑607.
30. Borrell C. Methods in Social Epidemiology. J Michael Oakes and Jay S Kaufman. International journal of Epidemiology. 2006;36:1153-4.