1. Murray CJ. Quantifying the burden of disease: The technical basis for disability‑adjusted life years. Bull World Health Organ 1994;72:429‑45.
2. Sepanlou SG, Parsaeian M, Krohn KJ, Afshin A, Farzadfar F, Roshandel G, et al. Disability‑adjusted life‑years (DALYs) for 315 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) in Iran and its neighboring countries, 1990‑2015: Findings from global burden of disease study 2015. Arch Iran Med 2017;20:403‑18.
3. Naghavi M, Abolhassani F, Pourmalek F, Lakeh M, Jafari N, Vaseghi S, et al. The burden of disease and injury in Iran 2003. Popul Health Metr 2009;7:9.
4. Behnood HR, Haddadi M, Sirous S, Ainy E, Rezaei R. Medical costs and economic burden caused by road traffic injuries in Iran. Trauma Mon 2017;22:e35997. Doi: 10.5812/traumamon.35997.
5. Ainy E, Soori H, Ganjali M, Le H, Baghfalaki T. Estimating cost of road traffic injuries in Iran using willingness to pay (WTP) method. PLoS One 2014;9:e112721.
6. The Heavy Cost of Driving Accidents For The Iranian Economy; 2018. Available from: http://www.imna.ir/news/339510. [Last accessed on 2018 Oct 17].
7. Hamzeh B, Najafi F, Karamimatin B, Ahmadijouybari T, Salari A, Moradinazar M, et al. Epidemiology of traffic crash mortality in West of Iran in a 9 year period. Chin J Traumatol 2016;19:70‑4.
8. Organization for Economic Co‑Operation and Development (OECD). Road Safety Approaches and Policies; 2008. Available from: http://www.siteresources.worldbank.org/ECAEXT/
Resources/258598‑1258495120876/chapter 5FinalRoadSafety.pdf. [Last accessed on 2018 Oct 17].
9. World Health Organization 10 Facts on Global Road Safety. In: WHO; 2017. Available from: http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/roadsafety/ en/. [Last accessed on 2018 Oct 17].