1. Binder S, Sanderson LM. The role of the epidemiologist in natural disasters. Ann Emerg Med 1987;16:1081‑4.
2. Alexander D. The health effects of earthquakes in the Mid‑1990s. Disasters 1996;20:231‑47.
3. Priebe MM. Spinal cord injuries as a result of earthquakes: Lessons from Iran and Pakistan. J Spinal Cord Med 2007;30:367‑8.
4. Rathore MF, Farooq F, Butt AW, Gill ZA. An update on spinal cord injuries in October 2005 earthquake in Pakistan. Spinal Cord 2008;46:461‑2.
5. Tauqir SF, Mirza S, Gul S, Ghaffar H, Zafar A. Complications in patients with spinal cord injuries sustained in an earthquake in Northern Pakistan. J Spinal Cord Med 2007;30:373‑7.
6. Lopez AD, Mathers CD, Ezzati M, Jamison DT, Murray CJ. Global and regional burden of disease and risk factors, 2001: Systematic analysis of population health data. The Lancet. 2006;367:1747-57.
7. Lopez AD, Mathers CD, Ezzati M, Jamison DT, Murray CJ. Measuring the global burden of disease and risk factors, 1990–2001. Global burden of disease and risk factors. 2006;1:1-4.
8. Daneshi S, Haghdoost A, Baneshi M, Zolala F. The estimated frequency of spinal cord injury, amputation (hands and feet) and death in the bam earthquake using the network scale up method. Iran J Epidemiol 2014;10:9‑14.
9. Ezoe S, Morooka T, Noda T, Sabin ML, Koike S. Population size estimation of men who have sex with men through the network scale‑up method in Japan. PLoS One 2012;7:e31184.
10. Available from: https://www.lib.sci.org.ir/SIMWEBCLT/ WEBACCESS/SIMWEBPORTAL.DLL/DOFullRec. [Last accessed on 2013 Mar 26].
11. Hosseini H. Principles of Demography. 1st ed. Hamedan: Bu‑Ali Sina University Press; 2005. p. 91, 1384.
12. World Health Organization. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems. Vol. 1. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2004.
13. Murray CJ. Quantifying the burden of disease: The technical basis for disability‑adjusted life years. Bull World Health Organ 1994;72:429‑45.
14. Salomon J. Measurement of disability weights in the Global Burden of Disease 2005. GBD Disability Weights Expert Consultation, Seattle, 4‑5 September, 2008. Seattle: Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, University of Washington; 2008.
15. Murray CJ. A Comprehensive Assessment of Mortality and Disability from Diesease, Injuries and Risk Factors in 1990 and Projected to 2020. The global burden of disease. 1994;1.
16. Naghavi M, Abolhassani F, Pourmalek F, Lakeh MM, Jafari N, Vaseghi S, et al. The burden of disease and injury in Iran 2003. Population health metrics. 2009;7:9.
17. Rahimi‑Movaghar V, Moradi‑Lakeh M, Rasouli MR, Vaccaro AR. Burden of spinal cord injury in Tehran, Iran. Spinal Cord 2010;48:492‑7.