1. Kavousi A, Moradi A, Rahmani K, Zeini S, Ameri P. Geographical distribution of at fault drivers involved in fatal traffic collisions in Tehran, Iran. Epidemiol Health 2020;42:e2020002.
2. Murray CJ, Lopez AD. Alternative projections of mortality and disability by cause 1990‑2020: Global Burden of Disease Study. Lancet 1997;349:1498‑504.
3. World Health Organization. Global Status Report on Road Safety. Geneva: WHO Press; 2015.
4. World Health Organization. Global Status Report on Road Safety. Geneva: WHO Press; 2013.
5. Naghavi M, Shahraz S, Sepanlou SG, Dicker D, Naghavi P, Pourmalek F,et al. Health transition in Iran toward chronic diseases based on results of Global Burden of Disease 2010. Arch Iran Med 2014;17:321‑35.
6. Soori H, Yousefinezhadi T. Comparison and analysis of road traffic injuries in Iran and the eastern mediterranean region: Findings from the global status report on road safety‑2018. Iran J Epidemiol 2020;16:192‑201.
7. Saadat S, Rahmani K, Moradi A, Zaini SA, Darabi F. Spatial analysis of driving accidents leading to deaths related to motorcyclists in Tehran. Chin J Traumatol 2019;22:148‑54.
8. Yunesian M, Moradi A, Khaji A, Mesdaghinia A, Zargar M. Evaluation of the effect of offender motorcyclists’ penalty enforcement project on the incidence of road traffic accident injuries in Tehran. Payesh Health Monit 2007;6:19-26.
9. Riccardo R, Massimiliano G, Gregorio G, Claudio M. Comparative analysis of random utility models and fuzzy logic models for representing gap‑acceptance behavior using data from driving simulator experiments. Procedia Soc Behav Sci 2012;54:834‑44.
10. Nurnadiah Z, Lazim A. Weight of interval type‑2 fuzzy Rach model in decision‑making approach: Ranking causes leading to road accident occurrence. Int J Soft Comput 2012;7:1‑11.
11. Al‑Hadidi M, Ibrahim YK, Istitieh YA. Car Safety System Using Fuzzy Logic 1; Journal of Computer Science 2008;4:1061-63.
12. Awasthi A, Chauhan SS, Omrani H. Application of fuzzy TOPSIS in evaluating sustainable transportation systems. Expert Syst Appl 2011;38:12270‑80.
13. Bao Q, Ruan D, Shen Y, Hermans E, Janssens D. Improved hierarchical fuzzy TOPSIS for road safety performance evaluation. Knowl Based Syst 2012;32:84‑90.
14. Moridi P, Moradi A, Taheri F, Yarahmadi R, Farshad AA. Prioritization of accident risk indices based on multiple criteria decision making in the traffic police (Tehran City). Iran Occup Health 2018;15:21‑9.
15. Soltani A. Functional evaluation of footbridges based on personal preferences, the case study of Shiraz. Geogr Environ Plann 2014;25:133‑50.
16. Wang YM, Elhag TM. Fuzzy TOPSIS method based on alpha level sets with an application to bridge risk assessment. Expert Syst Appl 2006;31:309‑19.
17. AraqiE, VahedianM. Study on susceptible and damages from motorcycle accidents in Mashhad in 2005. Horizon Med Sci 2007;13:34‑9.
18. Moskal A, Martin JL, Laumon B. Risk factors for injury accidents among moped and motorcycle riders. Accid Anal Prev 2012;49:5‑11.
19. Johnson OE. Prevalence and pattern of road traffic accidents among commercial motorcyclists in a city in Southern Nigeria. Educ Res 2012;3:537‑42.
20. Liu HT, Liang CC, Rau CS, Hsu SY, Hsieh CH. Alcohol‑related hospitalizations of adult motorcycle riders. World J Emerg Surg 2015;10:2.
21. Horberry T, Anderson J, Regan MA, Triggs TJ, Brown J. Driver distraction: The effects of concurrent in‑vehicle tasks, road environment complexity and age on driving performance. Accid Anal Prev 2006;38:185‑91.
22. Kuss DJ, Kanjo E, Crook‑Rumsey M, Kibowski F, Wang GY, Sumich A. Problematic mobile phone use and addiction across generations: The roles of psychopathological symptoms and smartphone use. J Technol Behav Sci 2018;3:141‑9.
23. Nikolaev AG, Robbins MJ, Jacobson SH. Evaluating the impact of legislation prohibiting hand‑held cell phone use while driving. Trans Res A Policy Pract 2010;44:182‑93.
24. Forum IT, editor. Road Safety Annual Report 2017. Paris, France: International Transport Forum; 2017.
25. Glendon AI, Clarke S, McKenna E. Human Safety and Risk Management. Paris, France: CRC Press; 2016.
26. Isa KA, Masuri MG, Abd Aziz NA, Isa NN, Hazari N, Tahir MP, et al. Mobile phone usage behavior while driving among educated young adults in urban universities. Procedia Soc Behav Sci 2012;36:414‑20.
27. Walsh S, White K, Watson B, Hyde M. Psychosocial factors that are influencing mobile phone use while driving. Australia: QUT ePrints; 2007.
28. Heydari ST, Vossoughi M, Akbarzadeh A, Lankarani KB, Sarikhani Y, Javanmardi K, et al. Prevalence and risk factors of alcohol and substance abuse among motorcycle drivers in Fars province, Iran. Chin J Traumatol 2016;19:79‑84.
29. Truong LT, Nguyen HT, De Gruyter C. Mobile phone use while riding a motorcycle and crashes among university students. Traffic Inj Prev 2019;20:204‑10.
30. Pileggi C, Bianco A, Nobile CG, Angelillo IF. Risky behaviors among motorcycling adolescents in Italy. J Pediatr 2006;148:527‑32.
31. Pérez‑Núñez R, Hidalgo‑Solórzano E, Vera‑López JD, Lunnen JC, Chandran A, Híjar M, et al. The prevalence of mobile phone use among motorcyclists in three Mexican cities. Traffic Inj Prev 2014;15:148‑50.
32. MoradiA, MotevalianSA, MirkoohiM, McKayMP, Rahimi‑MovagharV. Exceeding the speed limit: Prevalence and determinants in Iran. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2013;20:307‑12.
33. Anderson RW, McLean AJ, Farmer MJ, Lee BH, Brooks CG. Vehicle travel speeds and the incidence of fatal pedestrian crashes. Accid Anal Prev 1997;29:667‑74.
34. Davis GA. Relating severity of pedestrian injury to impact speed in vehicle‑pedestrian accidents: Simple threshold model. Trans Res Record 2001;1773:108‑13.
35. Gårder PE. The impact of speed and other variables on pedestrian safety in Maine. Accid Anal Prev 2004;36:533‑42.
36. Pasanen E, Salmivaara H. Driving speeds and pedestrian safety in the city of Helsinki. Traffic Eng Control 1993;34:308‑10.
37. Aarts L, van Schagen I. Driving speed and the risk of road crashes: A review. Accid Anal Prev 2006;38:215‑24.
38. Afukaar FK. Speed control in developing countries: Issues, challenges and opportunities in reducing road traffic injuries. Inj Control Saf Promot 2003;10:77‑81.
39. Chi GB, Wang SY. Study on the secular trend of road traffic injuries and its influencing factors in China. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 2007;28:148‑53.
40. World Health Organization. Helmets: A Road Safety Manual for Decision‑Makers and Practitioners. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2006.
41. Maghsoudi A, Boostani D, Rafeiee M. Investigation of the reasons for not using helmet among motorcyclists in Kerman, Iran. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2018;25:58‑64.
42. Fletcher C, McDowell D, Thompson C, James K. Helmet use among motorcycle accident victims in the north‑east region of Jamaica. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2019;26:399‑404.
43. Bachani AM, Hung YW, Mogere S, Akunga D, Nyamari J, Hyder AA. Helmet wearing in Kenya: Prevalence, knowledge, attitude, practice and implications. Public Health 2017;144S: S23‑31.
44. Lunnen JC, Pérez‑Núñez R, Hidalgo‑Solórzano E, Chandran A, Híjar M, Hyder AA. The prevalence of motorcycle helmet use from serial observations in three Mexican cities. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2015;22:368‑76.
45. German CA, Soontornmon K, Singkham P, Tanasugarn L, Thienmongkol R, Weeranakin N, et al. A systematic review on epidemiology and promotion of motorcycle helmet use in Thailand. Asia Pac J Public Health 2019;31:384‑95.
46. Thygerson S, House M, Chaney R, Sanjel S. Prevalence of motorcycle helmet use in Kathmandu, Nepal: An observational study. Stud Eng Technol 2019;7:9‑13.
47. Moradi A, Younesian M, Gilasi HR. Risk factors for motorcyclist traffic accidents in Kashan. J Sch Public Health Inst Public Health Res 2007;5:57‑68.
48. Lin MR, Chang SH, Pai L, Keyl PM. A longitudinal study of risk factors for motorcycle crashes among junior college students in Taiwan. Accid Anal Prev 2003;35:243‑52.
49. Useche SA, Alonso F, Montoro L, Esteban C. Explaining self‑reported traffic accidents of cyclists: An empirical study based on age and road risky behaviors. Saf Sci 2019;113:105‑14.
50. Oikawa S, Matsui Y, Nakadate H, Aomura S. Factors in fatal injuries to cyclists impacted by five types of vehicles. Int J Automot Technol 2019;20:197‑205.
51. Mehmandar M, Ariana M, Mobaderi T, Khalili E. Assessment and ranking of effective factors on improving traffic safety and reducing motorcycle loss by AHP method. Q J Trans Eng 2020;11:649‑63.
52. Murray CJ, Lopez AD. Global Health Statistics: A Compendium of Incidence, Prevalence and Mortality Estimates for Over 200 Conditions. Paris, France: Harvard University Press; 1996.
53. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Available from: http//www.nhtsa.gov. [Last accessed on 02-2021].
54. Wiegmann DA, Shappell SA. A human error approach to aviation accident analysis: The human factors analysis and classification system. Collegiate Aviat Rev 2016;34:102.