1. Peden M, Scurfield R, Sleet D, Mohan D, Hyder AA, Jarawan E, et al.
World Report on Road Traffic Injury Prevention. Geneva: World Health
2. Organization WH. Global Status Report on Road Safety 2013:
Supporting a Decade of Action: Summary. Geneva, Switzerland: World
Health Organization; 2013.
3. Izadi N, Najafi Farid F, Khosravi A, Hashemi Nazari S, Salari A,
Soori H. Estimation of mortality and calculated years of lost life from
road traffic injuries. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2014;24:51‑8.
4. Organization WH. Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018: Summary.
Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2018.
5. Organization WH. Summary Report on the Expert Consultation on Road
Safety in the Eastern Mediterranean Region. Cairo, Egypt: World Health
Organization. Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean; 2016.
6. Touahmia M. Identification of risk factors influencing road traffic
accidents. Eng Technol Appl Sci Res 2018;8:2417‑21.
7. Khazaie H, Zakiei A, Rezaei M, Brand S, Komasi S. The role of traffic
and road accidents in causing disabilities in Iran. Iran J Public Health
8. Motevalian S, Jahani M, Mahmoodi MJ. Driving under influence of
opiates in heavy vehicle drivers of Iran in 2001. Hakim health systems
research journal 2004;7:1‑8.
9. Tran N. Global Status Report on Road Safety 2018. Geneva: World
Health Organization; 2018.
10. Evans L, Frick MC. Car size or car mass: which has greater influence on
fatality risk? Am J Public Health 1992;82:1105‑12.
11. Trigell AS, Rothhämel M, Pauwelussen J, Kural K. Advanced vehicle
dynamics of heavy trucks with the perspective of road safety. Veh Syst
12. Naderi H, Nassiri H, Sahebi S. Assessing the relationship between
heavy vehicle driver sleep problems and confirmed driver behavior
measurement tools in Iran. Transp Res Part F Traffic Psychol Behav
13. Björnstig U, Björnstig J, Eriksson A. Passenger car collision
fatalities – With special emphasis on collisions with heavy vehicles.
Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:158‑66.
14. Pitidis A, Mamo C, Dalmasso M, Costa G. RT accident mortality in
Italy: A population‑based study in Piedmont on Vulnerable Road Users.
Eur J Public Health 2019;29 Suppl 4:ckz185.
15. Ahmad OB, Boschi‑Pinto C, LopezAD, Murray CJ, Lozano R, Inoue M.
Age Standardization of Rates: A New WHO Standard. Vol. 9. Geneva:
World Health Organization; 2001.
16. Shahbazi F, Soori H, Khodakarim S, Ghadirzadeh MR,
Hashemi Nazari SS. Analysis of the mortality rate of road traffic accidents
and its trend in 11 years in Iran. Arch Trauma Res 2019;8:17‑22.
17. Raftery S, Grigo J, Woolley JE. Heavy Vehicle Road Safety: Research
Scan. Australia: Center for Automotive Safety Research, University of
18. WongE, LeongMK, AnantharamanV, RamanL, Wee KP, ChaoTC. Road
traffic accident mortality in Singapore. J Emerg Med 2002;22:139‑46.
19. Hsiao M, Malhotra A, Thakur JS, Sheth JK, Nathens AB, Dhingra N,
et al. Road traffic injury mortality and its mechanisms in India:
Nationally representative mortality survey of 1.1 million homes. BMJ
20. Mirzaei M, Mirzadeh M, Shogaei Far H, Mirzaei M. Trends in road traffic
deaths in Yazd, Iran, 2004 – 2010. Arch Trauma Res 2016;5:e29266.
21. Monsef V, Asadi PJ, Prevention I. Mortality due to road traffic injuries in
Guilan province in 2011–2012. Safety Promotion and Injury Prevention
22. Moharamzad Y, Taghipour H, Hodjati Firoozabadi N,
Hodjati Firoozabadi A, Hashemzadeh M, Mirjalili M, et al. Mortality
pattern according to autopsy findings among traffic accident victims in
Yazd, Iran. Chin J Traumatol 2008;11:329‑34.
23. Bahadorimonfared A, Soori H, Mehrabi Y, Delpisheh A, Esmaili A,
Salehi M, et al. Trends of fatal road traffic injuries in Iran (2004‑2011).
PLoS One 2013;8:e65198.
24. Roudsari BS, Sharzei K, Zargar M. Sex and age distribution in
transport‑related injuries in Tehran. Accid Anal Prev 2004;36:391‑8.
25. Fazel MR, Fakharian E, Mahdian M, Mohammadzadeh M, Salehfard L,
Ramezani M. Demographic profiles of adult trauma during a 5 year
period (2007‑2011) in Kashan, IR Iran. Arch Trauma Res 2012;1:63‑6.
26. Mahdian M, Sehat M, Fazel MR, Moraveji A, Mohammadzadeh MJ.
The epidemiology of urban traffic accident victims was hospitalized for
more than 24 h in a level III trauma center, Kashan County, Iran, during
2012–2013. Archives of Trauma research. 2015;4:e28465.
27. Ngo AD, Rao C, Hoa NP, Hoy DG, Trang KT, Hill PS. Road
traffic related mortality in Vietnam: Evidence for policy from a
national sample mortality surveillance system. BMC Public Health
28. Alghnam S, Palta M, Hamedani A, Remington PL, Alkelya M,
Albedah K, et al. In‑hospital mortality among patients injured in motor
vehicle crashes in a Saudi Arabian hospital relative to large US trauma
centers. Injury epidemiology 2014;1:21.
29. Hasanzadeh J, Moradinazar M, Najafi F, Ahmadi‑Jouybary T. Trends
of mortality of road traffic accidents in Fars Province, Southern Iran,
2004–2010. Iranian journal of public health 2014;43:1259.
30. Kumar A, Lalwani S, Agrawal D, Rautji R, Dogra T. Fatal road traffic
accidents and their relationship with head injuries: An epidemiological
survey of five years. The Indian Journal of Neurotrauma 2008;5:63‑7.
31. Zhou JH, Zhao XC, Wang ZG, Zhu PF, Jian HG, Liu DW, et al. The
analysis of epidemiological characteristics of road traffic crashes in a
mountain city in Western China. Chin J Traumatol 2003;6:355‑8.
32. Suriyawongpaisal P, Kanchanasut S. Road traffic injuries in Thailand:
Trends, selected underlying determinants and status of intervention. Inj
Control Saf Promot 2003;10:95‑104.
33. Sadeghi‑Bazargani H, Samadirad B, Shahedifar N, Golestani M.
Epidemiology of road traffic injury fatalities among car users; A study
based on forensic medicine data in East Azerbaijan of Iran. Bull Emerg
34. Taravatmanesh S, Hashemi‑Nazari SS, Ghadirzadeh MR,
Taravatmanesh LJ, Prevention I. Epidemiology of fatal traffic injuries
in the Sistan and Baluchistan province in 2011. Safety promotion and
injury prevention (Tehran) 2015;3:161‑8.
35. Davoodi F, Hashemi‑Nazari SS, Ghadirzadeh MR, Prevention I. An
Epidemiology study of road traffic accidents resulting in death: In
Lorestan province in 2012. Safety promotion and injury prevention
36. KhorramiZ, NazariSS, GhadirzadehMR, Prevention I. An Epidemiology
study of deaths from road traffic accidents. Safety promotion and injury
prevention (Tehran) 2017;4:217‑24.
37. Violence WHO, Prevention I, Organization WH. Global Status Report
on Road Safety 2013: Supporting a Decade of Action. Geneva,
Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2013.
38. Mehmandar M, Soori H, Amiri M, Norouzirad R, Khabzkhoob M. Risk
factors for fatal and nonfatal road crashes in Iran. Iran Red Crescent
Med J 2014;16:e10016.
39. Mahdian M, Fazel MR, Sehat M, Mohammadzadeh M, Akbari HJ.
Years of life lost and mortality rate due to road traffic injuries in
Kashan Region, Iran, during 2012–2013. Biosci Biotech Res Asia
40. Lee WY, Cameron PA, Bailey MJ. Road traffic injuries in the elderly.
Emerg Med J 2006;23:42‑6.
41. Yazdani CheratiJ, Ahmadi Baseri E, Ghadami MJ. Mapping of mortality
rate in suburban accidents, Mazandaran Province, 2007–2010. Journal
of Mazandaran University of Medical Science 2013;22:50‑8.
42. Monsef V, Asadi P, Ziabari SMM. Mortality due to road traffic injuries in
Guilan province in 2011-2012. Safety promotion and injury prevention
43. Brodie L, Bugeja L, Ibrahim J. Coroners’ recommendations following
fatal heavy vehicle crash investigations. Aust N Z J Public Health
44. Khorasani Zavareh D, Mohammadi R, Laflamme L, Naghavi M,
Zarei A, Haglund BJ. Estimating road traffic mortality more accurately:
Use of the capture‑recapture method in the West Azarbaijan Province of
Iran. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2008;15:9‑17.
45. Sassi S, Hakko H, Räty E, Riipinen P. Light motor vehicle collisions
with heavy vehicles – Psychosocial and health related risk factors of
drivers being at‑fault for collisions. Forensic Sci Int 2018;291:245‑52.
46. Whitlock G, Norton R, Clark T, Jackson R, MacMahon S. Motor vehicle
driver injury and marital status: A cohort study with prospective and
retrospective driver injuries. Inj Prev 2004;10:33‑6.
47. Khorrami Z, Nazari SSH, Ghadirzadeh MR. An Epidemiology study
of deaths from road traffic accidents. Safety promotion and injury
prevention journal (Tehran). 2016;4:217-24.
48. Ardalan A, MASOUMI G, GOUYA MM, Sarvar M, Hadadi M, Miadfar
J, et al. Road traffic injuries: A challenge for Iran’s health system.
Iranian J Publ Health. 2009;38:98-101.
49. Weiss SJ, Ellis R, Ernst AA, Land RF, Garza A. A comparison of rural
and urban ambulance crashes. Am J Emerg Med 2001;19:52‑6.
50. Muelleman RL, Mueller K. Fatal motor vehicle crashes: Variations
of crash characteristics within rural regions of different population
densities. J Trauma 1996;41:315‑20.
51. Muelleman RL, Walker RA, Edney JA. Motor vehicle deaths: A rural
epidemic. J Trauma 1993;35:717‑9.
52. Boland M, Staines A, Fitzpatrick P, Scallan E. Urban‑rural variation
in mortality and hospital admission rates for unintentional injury in
Ireland. J Epidemiol Community Health 2005;59:557.