1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Ten Leading Causes of Death and Injury. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/LeadingCauses.html. [Last accessed on 2020 Jun 24].
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Injury Prevention & Control: WISQARS™ Cost of Injury Reports. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/cost_help/mechanism_injury.html. [Last accessed on 2021 Dec 02].
3. Chitturi MV, Ooms AW, Bill AR, Noyce DA. Injury outcomes and costs for cross‑median and median barrier crashes. J Safety Res 2011;42:87‑92.
4. Laytin AD, Debebe F. The burden of injury in low‑income and middle‑income countries: Knowing what we know, recognising what we don’t know. Emerg Med J 2019;36:387‑8.
5. Yadollahi M, Anvar M, Ghaem H, Bolandparvaz S, Paydar S, Izianloo F. Logistic regression modeling for evaluation of factors affecting trauma outcome in a level I trauma center in Shiraz. Iran Red Crescent Med J 2017;1933559.
6. Saadat S, Yousefifard M, Asady H, Moghadas Jafari A, Fayaz M, Hosseini M. The most important causes of death in Iranian population; a retrospective cohort study. Emergency (Tehran) 2015;3:16‑21.
7. Haji Aghajani M, Haddadi M, Saadat S. Epidemiological pattern of injuries in Iran; a nationwide review of seven million emergency department admissions. Emergency (Tehran) 2017;5:e10.
8. Fakhry SM, Couillard D, Liddy CT, Adams D, Norcross ED. Trauma center finances and length of stay: Identifying a profitability inflection point. J Am Coll Surg 2010;210:817‑21, 821‑3.
9. Rezaei S, Akbari Sari A, Arab M, Ghasempour S. Economic burden of road traffic crashes in Tehran province, Iran in 2009. Health Inf Manage 2013;10:498‑509.
10. Alghnam S, Towhari JA, Al Babtain I, Al Nahdi M, Aldebasi MH, Alyami M, et al. The associations between injury mechanism and extended hospital stay among pediatric patients: Findings from a trauma Center in Saudi Arabia. BMC Pediatr 2019;19:177.
11. Bhattarai N, McMeekin P, Price C, Vale L. Economic evaluations on [Downloaded free from http://www.archtrauma.com on Wednesday, September 7, 2022, IP: 220.127.116.11]Roshanaei, et al.: Factors affecting hospital length of stay in trauma patients226 Archives of Trauma Research ¦ Volume 10 ¦ Issue 4 ¦ October‑December 2021
centralisation of specialised healthcare services: A systematic review of methods. BMJ Open 2016;6:e011214.
12. Baek H, Cho M, Kim S, Hwang H, Song M, Yoo S. Analysis of length of hospital stay using electronic health records: A statistical and data mining approach. PLoS One 2018;13:e0195901.
13. Brotemarkle RA. Factors Associated with Length of Stay and Discharge Disposition in Older Trauma Patients. UMB Digital Archive; 2013.
14. Haghparast‑Bidgoli H, Saadat S, Bogg L, Yarmohammadian MH, Hasselberg M. Factors affecting hospital length of stay and hospital charges associated with road traffic‑related injuries in Iran. BMC Health Serv Res 2013;13:281.
15. Kashkooe A, Yadollahi M, Pazhuheian F. What factors affect length of hospital stay among trauma patients? A single‑center study, Southwestern Iran. Chin J Traumatol 2020;23:176‑80.
16. D’AngeloF, MonestierL, De FalcoG, MazzacaneM, StissiP. Management of traumatology patients during the coronavirus (COVID‑19) pandemic: Experience in a hub trauma hospital in Northern Italy. Indian J Orthop2020;54:397‑402.
17. Leichtle SW, Rodas EB, Procter L, Bennett J, Schrader R, Aboutanos MB. The influence of a statewide“Stay‑at‑Home”order on trauma volume and patterns at a level 1 trauma center in the United States. Injury 2020;51:2437‑41.
18. Berg GM, Wyse RJ, Morse JL, Chipko J, Garland JM, Slivinski A, et al.Decreased adult trauma admission volumes and changing injury patterns during the COVID‑19 pandemic at 85 trauma centers in a multistate healthcare system. Trauma Surg Acute Care Open 2021;6:e000642.
19. Waseem S, Nayar SK, Hull P, Carrothers A, Rawal J, Chou D, et al. The global burden of trauma during the COVID‑19 pandemic: A scoping review. J Clin Orthop Trauma 2021;12:200‑7.
20. Hu J, Ugiliweneza B, Meyer K, Lad SP, Boakye M. Trend and geographic analysis for traumatic brain injury mortality and cost based on MarketScan database. J Neurotrauma 2013;30:1755‑61.
21. Hwabejire JO, Kaafarani HM, Imam AM, Solis CV, Verge J, Sullivan NM, et al. Excessively long hospital stays after trauma are not related to the severity of illness: Let’s aim to the right target! JAMA Surg 2013;148:956‑61.
22. Hopkins CL, Youngquist ST, Johnson E, Madsen T. Outcome of elderly patients injured at winter resorts. Am J Emerg Med 2011;29:528‑33.
23. Farroha A. Reduction in length of stay of patients admitted to a regional burn centre during COVID‑19 pandemic. Burns 2020;46:1715.
24. AbdelWahab ME, Sadaka MS, Elbana EA, Hendy AA. Evaluation of prognostic factors affecting lenght of stay in hospital and mortality rates in acute burn patients. Ann Burns Fire Disasters 2018;31:83‑8.
25. Khaliq MF, Noorani MM, Siddiqui UA, Al Ibran E, Rao MH. Factors associated with duration of hospitalization and outcome in burns patients: A cross sectional study from Government Tertiary Care Hospital in Karachi, Pakistan. Burns 2013;39:150‑4.
26. Soltany A, Hasan AR, Mohanna F. Burn management during the COVID‑19 pandemic: Recommendations andconsiderations. Avicenna J Med 2020;10:163‑73.
27. Liu T, Xie J, Yang F, Chen JJ, Li ZF, Yi CL, et al. The influence of sex on outcomes in trauma patients: A meta‑analysis. Am J Surg 2015;210:911‑21.