1. Mohan D. Road safety in less‑motorized environments: Future concerns.Int J Epidemiol 2002;31:527‑32.
2. Chen S, Kuhn M, Prettner K, Bloom DE. The global macroeconomicburden of road injuries: Estimates and projectionsfor 166 countries.Lancet Planet Health 2019;3:e390‑8.
3. Retting RA, Ferguson SA, McCartt AT. A review of evidence‑based traffic engineering measures designed to reduce pedestrian‑motor vehicle crashes. Am J Public Health 2003;93:1456‑63.
4. Pedestrians. Injury Facts. Available from: https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/motor‑vehicle/road‑users/pedestrians/. [Last accessed on 2021 Sep 27].
5. Narváez YV, Parra Sierra V, Peña Cárdenas F, Ruíz Ramos L, Zamorano González B, Vargas Martínez JI, et al. Road risk behaviors: Pedestrian experiences. Traffic Inj Prev 2019;20:303‑7.
6. Injuries and Violence. Available from: https://www.who.int/news‑room/fact‑sheets/detail/injuries‑and‑violence. [Last accessed on 2021 Oct 10].
7. Dandona R, Kumar GA, Raj TS, Dandona L. Patterns of road traffic injuries in a vulnerable population in Hyderabad, India. Inj Prev 2006;12:183‑8.
8. Sam EF, Akansor J, Agyemang W. Understanding road traffic risks from the street hawker’s perspective. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2019;26:92‑8.
9. Baker SP, O’Neill B, Haddon W Jr., Long WB. The injury severity score: A method for describing patients with multiple injuries and evaluating emergency care. J Trauma 1974;14:187‑96.
10. Demographics of India. In: Wikipedia; 2020. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Demographics_of_India&oldid=996787942. [Last accessed on 2020 Dec 28].
11. Pal R, Ghosh A, Kumar R, Galwankar S, Paul SK, Pal S, et al. Public health crisis of road traffic accidents in India: Risk factor assessment and recommendations on prevention on the behalf of the academy of family physicians of India. J Family Med Prim Care 2019;8:775‑83.
12. Abhilash KP, Chakraborthy N, Pandian GR, Dhanawade VS, Bhanu TK, Priya K. Profile of trauma patients in the emergency department of a tertiary care hospital in south India. J Family Med Prim Care 2016;5:558‑63.
13. Gautam D, Hazra D, Nekkanti A, Abhilash KP. Retrospective study on cost accounting of trauma patients presenting to the emergency department in a tertiary care hospital in south India. Curr Med Issues 2020;18:14.
14. Li H, Ma YF. New injury severity score (NISS) outperforms injury severity score (ISS) in the evaluation of severe blunt trauma patients. Chin J Traumatol 2021;24:261‑5.
15. Smith BP, GoldbergAJ, Gaughan JP, Seamon MJ. Acomparison of injury severity score and new injury severity score after penetrating trauma: A prospective analysis. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2015;79:269‑74.
16. Prabhakar Abhilash KP, Lath D, Kowshik J, Jose A, Chandy GM. Blood alcohol levels in road traffic accidents: Factors associated and the relationship between history of alcohol consumption and blood alcohol level detection. Int J Crit Illn Inj Sci 2019;9:132‑7.