1. Remizov V, Lungu E. Quality of life in patients with orthopedic trauma. J Prev Med 2008;16:3‑9.
2. Global Toll of Injuries Down by Almost a Third Since; 1990. Available from: http://www.healthdata.org/news‑release/ global‑toll‑injuries‑down‑almost‑third‑1990. [Last retrieved on 2018 Jan 26].
3. Wang H, Yu H, Zhou Y, Li C, Liu J, Ou L, et al. Traumatic fractures as a result of falls in children and adolescents: A retrospective observational study. Medicine (Baltimore) 2017;96:e7879.
4. Nguyen S, McDowellM, SchlechterJ. Casting: Pearls and pitfalls learned while caring for children’s fractures. World J Orthop 2016;7:539‑45.
5. Lankarani KB, Sarikhani Y, Heydari ST, Joulaie H, Maharlouei N, Peimani P, et al. Traffic accidents in Iran, a decade of progress but still challenges ahead. Med J Islam Repub Iran 2014;28:96.
6. EkwallA, Carlberg E, Palmberg G, Sloberg R. An audit of complications of fiberglass cast and hybrid cast for fractures of the foot, ankle and forearm in a Swedish emergency department. Int J Orthop Trauma Nurs 2018;31:32‑4.
7. Meling T, Harboe K, Søreide K. Incidence of traumatic long‑bone fractures requiring in‑hospital management: A prospective age‑ and gender‑specific analysis of 4890 fractures. Injury 2009;40:1212‑9.
8. Mamaril ME, Childs SG, Sortman S. Care of the orthopaedic trauma patient. J Perianesth Nurs 2007;22:184‑94.
9. Raoufi M, Abedtash H, Mohagheghzadeh A. The historical background of plaster cast. Arch Iran Med 2017;20:461‑4.
10. Bakody E. Orthopaedic plaster casting: Nurse and patient education. Nurs Stand 2009;23:49‑56.
11. Surrena H. Handbook for Brunner and Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical‑Surgical Nursing. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2010.
12. Hinkle JL, Cheever KH. Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical‑Surgical Nursing. 13th ed. China: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2014.
13. Nielsen DM, Ricketts DM. Where to split plaster casts. Injury 2005;36:588‑9.
14. Esoga PI, Seidl KL. Best practices in orthopaedic inpatient care. Orthop Nurs 2012;31:236‑40.
15. Cameron LE, de Araújo ST. Vision as an instrument of perception in trauma and orthopedic nursing care. Rev Esc Enferm USP 2011;45:95‑9. 16. Szostakowski B, Smitham P, Khan WS. Plaster of Paris‑short history of casting and injured limb immobilzation. Open Orthop J 2017;11:291‑6.
17. Adib Hajbaghery M, Moradi T. Quality of care for patients with traction in Shahid Beheshti hospital in 2012. Arch Trauma Res 2013;2:85‑90.
18. Delasobera BE, Place R, Howell J, Davis JE. Serious infectious complications related to extremity cast/splint placement in children. J Emerg Med 2011;41:47‑50.
19. Neumann M. Knowledge and attitudes of orthopedic nurses regarding pain management. Scholarly project submitted to the faculty of Liberty University. In: Partial Fulfillment of The Requirements for the Degree of Doctor of Nursing Practice. Liberty University; 2017. Available from: https://www.digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cgi/viewcontent. cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=1009 &context=nurse_grad_proj_schol. [Last accessed on 2018 Dec 04].
20. You J, Zheng G. Nursing interventions in improving the postoperative recovery of patients with orthopedic hip and knee surgery: A descriptive literature review. Thesis for the Fulfillment of Bachelor Degree in Nursing, University of Gavle; 2018. Available from: http://www. diva‑portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1223156/FULLTEXT01.pdf. [Last accessed on 2018 Dec 04].
21. Williams M. The patient’s experience in a plaster cast. Int J Orthop Trauma Nurs 2010;14:132‑41.
22. Williams JT, Kedrzycki M, Shenava Y. Multidisciplinary approach to improve the quality of below‑knee plaster casting. BMJ Open Qual 2018;7:e000284.
23. Kelly AM, Miljesic S, Mant P, Ashton W. Plaster checks by nurses: Safe and efficient? Accid Emerg Nurs 1996;4:76‑7.
24. Hall G, Gregory J. The assessment and management of pain in an orthopaedic out‑patient setting: A case study. Int J Orthop Trauma Nurs 2016;22:24‑8.
25. Ahmed AM, Hussein HA. Nurses knowledge toward cast complications in orthopedic ward at Al‑Najaf AL‑Ashraf hospitals. Int J Sci Res Publ 2016;6:94‑100.
26. Black J, Hawks J. Medical Surgical Nursing: Clinical Management for Positive Outcomes. 8th ed. Philadelphia; Elsevier’s Health Sciences Right Department; 2009.
27. Polaski AL, Tatro SE. Luckmann’s Core Principle and Practice of Medical‑Surgical Nursing. 1st ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders; 1997.
28. Adib‑Hajbaghery M, Zehtabchi S. Developing and validating an instrument to assess the nurses’ professional competence in spiritual care. J Nurs Meas 2016;24:15‑27.
29. Polit DF, Beck CT. Nursing Research, Generating and Assessing Evidence for Nursing Practice. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer; 2017.
30. Baheiraei A, Khoori E, Ahmadi F, Foroushani AR, Ghofranipour F, Weiler RM, et al. Psychometric properties of the adolescent health concern inventory: The Persian version. Iran J Psychiatry 2013;8:28‑36.
31. Rose MS, Koshman ML, Spreng S, Sheldon R. Statistical issues encountered in the comparison of health‑related quality of life in diseased patients to published general population norms: Problems and solutions. J Clin Epidemiol 1999;52:405‑12.
32. Hamblen DL, Simpson AH. Adams’s Outline of Fractures, Including Joint Injuries. 12th ed, Edinburgh: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2007.
33. Monahan FD, Sands JK, Neighbors M, Marek JF, Green CJ. Phipps’ Medical‑Surgical Nursing: Health and Illness Perspectives: Europe, Middle East and African Edition. China: Elsevier Mosby; 2007.
34. Halanski M, Noonan KJ. Cast and splint immobilization: Complications. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2008;16:30‑40.
35. Guillen PT, Fuller CB, Riedel BB, Wongworawat MD. A prospective randomized crossover study on the comparison of cotton versus waterproof cast liners. Hand (N Y) 2016;11:50‑3.
36. DiPaola MJ, Abzug JM, Pizzutillo PD, Herman MJ. Incidence and etiology of unplanned cast changes for fractures in the pediatric population. J Pediatr Orthop 2014;34:643‑6.
37. Cronenwett L, Sherwood G, Barnsteiner J, Disch J, Johnson J, Mitchell P, et al. Quality and safety education for nurses. Nurs Outlook 2007;55:122‑31.
38. Choo J, Hutchinson A, Bucknall T. Nurses’ role in medication safety. J Nurs Manag 2010;18:853‑61.
39. Al‑Barwari RH. Evaluation of nursing knowledge and practices concerning nursing care of patient with skin traction in orthopedic units in Kurdistan region. Nurs Natl Iraqi Spec 2006;19:1‑10