1. Schröter C, Schulte-Sutum A, Zeckey C, Winkelmann M, Krettek C, Mommsen P, et al. Accidents in equestrian sports: Analysis of injury mechanisms and patterns. Unfallchirurg 2017;120:129-38.
2. Watt GM, Finch CF. Preventing equestrian injuries. Locking the stable door. Sports Med 1996;22:187‑97.
3. Lloyd RG. Riding and other equestrian injuries: Considerable severity. Br J Sports Med 1987;21:22-4.
4. Ball JE, Ball CG, Mulloy RH, Datta I, Kirkpatrick AW. Ten years of major equestrian injury: Are we addressing functional outcomes? J Trauma Manag Outcomes 2009;3:2.
5. Chitnavis JP, Gibbons CL, Hirigoyen M, Lloyd Parry J, Simpson AH. Accidents with horses: What has changed in 20 years? Injury 1996;27:103-5.
6. Avery JG, Harper P, Ackroyd S. Do we pay too dearly for our sport and leisure activities? An investigation into fatalities as a result of sporting and leisure activities in England and Wales, 1982-1988. Public health. 1990;104:417-23.
7. Thomas KE, Annest JL, Gilchrist J, Bixby-Hammett DM. Non-fatal horse related injuries treated in emergency departments in the United States, 2001-2003. Br J Sports Med 2006;40:619-26.
8. Davidson SB, Blostein PA, Schrotenboer A, Sloffer CA, VandenBerg SL. Ten years of equine-related injuries: Severity and implications for emergency physicians. J Emerg Med 2015;49:605-12.
9. Havlik HS. Equestrian sport-related injuries: A review of current literature. Curr Sports Med Rep 2010;9:299-302.
10. Mayberry JC, Pearson TE, Wiger KJ, Diggs BS, Mullins RJ. Equestrian injury prevention efforts need more attention to novice riders. J Trauma 2007;62:735-9.
11. Altgärde J, Redéen S, Hilding N, Drott P. Horse-related trauma in children and adults during a two year period. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 2014;22:40.
12. Whitlock MR. Injuries to riders in the cross country phase of eventing: The importance of protective equipment. Br J Sports Med 1999;33:212- 4.
13. Sorli JM. Equestrian injuries: A five year review of hospital admissions in British Columbia, Canada. Inj Prev 2000;6:59-61.
14. Guyton K, Houchen-Wise E, Peck E, Mayberry J. Equestrian injury is costly, disabling, and frequently preventable: The imperative for improved safety awareness. Am Surg 2013;79:76-83.
15. Exadaktylos AK, Eggli S, Inden P, Zimmermann H. Hoof kick injuries in unmounted equestrians. Improving accident analysis and prevention by introducing an accident and emergency based relational database. Emerg Med J 2002;19:573-5.
16. Carmichael SP, Davenport DL, Kearney PA, Bernard AC. On and off the horse: Mechanisms and patterns of injury in mounted and unmounted equestrians. Injury 2014;45:1479-83.
17. Ueeck BA, Dierks EJ, Homer LD, Potter B. Patterns of maxillofacial injuries related to interaction with horses. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2004;62:693-6.
18. Bond GR, Christoph RA, Rodgers BM. Pediatric equestrian injuries: Assessing the impact of helmet use. Pediatrics 1995;95:487-9.
19. Weber CD, Nguyen AR, Lefering R, Hofman M, Hildebrand F, Pape HC, et al. Blunt injuries related to equestrian sports: Results from an international prospective trauma database analysis. Int Orthop 2017;41:2105-12.
20. Antoun JS, Steenberg LJ, Lee KH. Maxillofacial fractures sustained by unmounted equestrians. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2011;49:213-6.
21. Lee KH, Steenberg LJ. Equine-related facial fractures. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2008;37:999-1002.
22. Griffen M, Boulanger BR, Kearney PA, Tsuei B, Ochoa J. Injury during contact with horses: Recent experience with 75 patients at a level I trauma center. South Med J 2002;95:441-5.
23. Ball CG, Ball JE, Kirkpatrick AW, Mulloy RH. Equestrian injuries: Incidence, injury patterns, and risk factors for 10 years of major traumatic injuries. Am J Surg 2007;193:636-40.
24. Islam S, Gupta B, Taylor CJ, Chow J, Hoffman GR. Equine-associated maxillofacial injuries: Retrospective 5-year analysis. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2014;52:124-7.
25. Meredith L, Antoun JS. Horse-related facial injuries: The perceptions and experiences of riding school. Inj Prev 2011;17:55-7.
26. Nelson DE, Rivara FP, Condie C. Helmets and horseback riders. Am J Prev Med 1994;10:15-9.
27. Buckley SM, Chalmers DJ, Langley JD. Injuries due to falls from horses. Aust J Public Health 1993;17:269-71.
28. Tanaka N, Hayashi S, Amagasa T, Kohama G. Maxillofacial fractures sustained during sports. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 1996;54:715-9.
29. Mourouzis C, Koumoura F. Sports-related maxillofacial fractures: A retrospective study of 125 patients. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2005;34:635-8. 30. Boffano P, Roccia F, Zavattero E, Dediol E, Uglesic V, Kovacic Z, et al. European Maxillofacial Trauma (EURMAT) project: A multicentre and prospective study. J Craniomaxillofac Surg 2015;43:62-70.