1. Oteng RA, Osei‑Kwame D, Forson‑Adae MSE, Ekremet K, Yakubu H, Arhin B, et al. The preventability of trauma‑related death at a tertiary hospital in Ghana: A multidisciplinary panel review approach. Afr J Emerg Med 2019;9:202‑6.
2. Shahbazi F, Hashemi Nazari SS, Soori H, Khodakarim S. socioeconomic inequality in mortality from road traffic accident in Iran. J Res Health Sci 2019;19:e00437.
3. Soodejani MT, Mahmoodimanesh M, Abedi L, Ghaderi A. Traffic accident mortality in Najafabad, Iran: Atime series model. J Inj Violence Res. 2019;11:48.
4. Mohtasham‑Amiri Z, Dastgiri S, Davoudi‑Kiakalyeh A, Imani A, Mollarahimi K. An epidemiological study of road traffic accidents in Guilan province, Northern Iran in 2012. Bull Emerg Trauma 2016;4:230‑5.
5. Davies G, Chesters A. Transport of the trauma patient. Br J Anaesth
6. Bayiga Zziwa E, Muhumuza C, Muni KM, Atuyambe L, Bachani AM, Kobusingye OC. Road traffic injuries in Uganda: Pre‑hospital care time intervals from crash scene to hospital and related factors by the Uganda Police. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2019;26:170‑5.
7. Gomez D, Haas B, de Mestral C, Sharma S, Hsiao M, Zagorski B, et al. Gender‑associated differences in access to trauma center care: A population‑based analysis. Surgery 2012;152:179‑85.
8. Shaikh M, Peters SA, Woodward M, Norton R, Jha V. Sex differences in utilisation of hospital care in a state‑sponsored health insurance programme providing access to free services in South India. BMJ Glob Health 2018;3:e000859.
9. Clarke KW, Gray D, Keating NA, Hampton JR. Do women with acute myocardial infarction receive the same treatment as men? BMJ 1994;309:563‑6.
10. Greenwood BN, Carnahan S, Huang L. Patient‑physician gender concordance and increased mortality among female heart attack patients. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2018;115:8569‑74.
11. Weiss SJ, Ernst AA, Phillips J, Hill B. Gender differences in state‑wide EMS transports. Am J Emerg Med 2000;18:666‑70.
12. Wohltmann CD, Spain DA, Carrillo EH, Boaz PW, ALuchette F, Kearney PA. Does gender effect outcome in trauma patients? Critical Care Med 1999;27:176A.
13. Offner PJ, Moore EE, Biffl WL. Male gender is a risk factor for major infections after surgery. Arch Surg 1999;134:935‑8.
14. Oberholzer A, Keel M, Zellweger R, Steckholzer U, Trentz O, Ertel W. Incidence of septic complications and multiple organ failure in severely injured patients is sex specific. J Trauma 2000;48:932‑7.
15. Johnson NJ, Carr BG, Salhi R, Holena DN, Wolff C, Band RA. Characteristics and outcomes of injured patients presenting by private vehicle in a state trauma system. Am J Emerg Med 2013;31:275‑81.
16. Wandling MW, Nathens AB, Shapiro MB, Haut ER. Association of prehospital mode of transport with mortality in penetrating trauma: A trauma system‑level assessment of private vehicle transportation vs. ground emergency medical services. JAMA Surg 2018;153:107‑13.
17. Alavi E, Pilehvari Z, Bahrami M. Standards of helicopter emergency medical service (HEMS) for patient transport in urban areas. Tehran Univ Med J TUMS Pub 2008;66:146‑57.
18. Taylor BN, Rasnake N, McNutt K, McKnight CL, Daley BJ. Rapid ground transport of trauma patients: A moderate distance from trauma center improves survival. J Surg Res 2018;232:318‑24.
19. Tien HC, Jung V, Pinto R, Mainprize T, Scales DC, Rizoli SB. Reducing time‑to‑treatment decreases mortality of trauma patients with acute subdural hematoma. Ann Surg 2011;253:1178‑83.
20. Alarhayem AQ, Myers JG, Dent D, Liao L, Muir M, Mueller D, et al. Time is the enemy: Mortality in trauma patients with hemorrhage from torso injury occurs long before the “golden hour”. Am J Surg 2016;212:1101‑5.
21. Azami‑Aghdash S, Sadeghi‑Bazargani H, Shabaninejad H, Abolghasem
Gorji H. Injury epidemiology in Iran: Asystematic review. J Inj Violence Res 2017;9:27-40.
22. Hemmati H, Chabok SY, Dehnadimoghadam A, Melksari HM, Dafchahi MA, Shabani S. Trauma in Guilan (North of Iran): An epidemiologic study. Acta Med Iran 2009:403‑8.
23. Khorgami Z, Fleischer WJ, Chen YA, Mushtaq N, Charles MS, Howard CA. Ten‑year trends in traumatic injury mechanisms and outcomes: A trauma registry analysis. Am J Surg 2018;215:727‑34.
24. McGinn AP, Rosamond WD, Goff DC Jr., Taylor HA, Miles JS, Chambless L. Trends in prehospital delay time and use of emergency medical services for acute myocardial infarction: Experience in 4 US communities from 1987‑2000. Am Heart J 2005;150:392‑400.
25. Moser DK, McKinley S, Dracup K, Chung ML. Gender differences in reasons patients delay in seeking treatment for acute myocardial infarction symptoms. Patient Educ Couns 2005;56:45‑54.
26. Banks AD, Dracup K. Are there gender differences in the reasons why African Americans delay in seeking medical help for symptoms of an acute myocardial infarction? Ethn Dis 2007;17:221‑7.
27. Tenenbaum A, Nordeman L, Sunnerhagen KS, Gunnarsson R. Gender differences in care‑seeking behavior and healthcare consumption immediately after whiplash trauma. PLoS One 2017;12:e0176328.
28. Lewis JF, Zeger SL, Li X, Mann NC, Newgard CD, Haynes S, et al. Gender Differences in the Quality of EMS Care Nationwide for Chest Pain and Out‑of‑Hospital Cardiac Arrest. Womens Health Issues 2019;29:116‑24.
29. Meischke H, Eisenberg MS, Larsen MP. Prehospital delay interval for patients who use emergency medical services: The effect of heart‑related medical conditions and demographic variables. Ann Emerg Med 1993;22:1597‑601.
30. Ashour A, Cameron P, Bernard S, Fitzgerald M, Smith K, Walker T. Could bystander first-aid prevent trauma deaths at the scene of injury? Emerg Med Australasia 2007;19:163‑8.
31. Swaroop M, Straus DC, Agubuzu O, Esposito TJ, Schermer CR, Crandall ML. Pre‑hospital transport times and survival for Hypotensive patients with penetrating thoracic trauma. J Emerg Trauma Shock 2013;6:16‑20.
32. Momeni M, Salari A, Ghanbari A, Shakiba M. Sex differences in duration of pre‑hospital delay in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Payavard Salamat 2013;7: 133-42.
33. Nguyen HL, Saczynski JS, Gore JM, Goldberg RJ. Age and sex differences in duration of prehospital delay in patients with acute myocardial infarction: A systematic review. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2010;3:82‑92.
34. Mackenzie EJ, Rivara FP, Jurkovich GJ, Nathens AB, Egleston BL, Salkever DS, et al. The impact of trauma‑center care on functional outcomes following major lower‑limb trauma. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2008;90:101‑9.
35. Corfield AR, Adams J, Nicholls R, Hearns S. On‑scene times and critical care interventions for an aeromedical retrieval service. Emerg Med J 2011;28:623‑5.