1. Yu BH, Han SM, Sun T, Guo Z, Cao L, Wu HZ, et al. Dynamic changes of facial skeletal fractures with time. Sci Rep 2020;10:4001.
2. Timashpolsky A, Dagum AB, Sayeed SM, Romeiser JL, Rosenfeld EA, Conkling N. A prospective analysis of physical examination findings in the diagnosis of facial fractures: Determining predictive value. Plast Surg (Oakv) 2016;24:73‑9.
3. Exadaktylos AK, Sclabas GM, Smolka K, Rahal A, Andres RH, Zimmermann H, et al. The value of computed tomographic scanning in the diagnosis and management of orbital fractures associated with head trauma: A prospective, consecutive study at a level I trauma center. J Trauma 2005;58:336‑41.
4. Christensen BJ, Mercante DE, Neary JP, King BJ. Risk factors for severe complications of operative mandibular fractures. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2017;75:787.e1‑ 787.e8.
5. Modabber A, Rana M, Ghassemi A, Gerressen M, Gellrich NC, Hölzle F,et al. Three‑dimensional evaluation of postoperative swelling in treatment of zygomatic bone fractures using two different cooling therapy methods: A randomized, observer‑blind, prospective study. Trials 2013;14:238.
6. Linnau KF, Stanley RB Jr., Hallam DK, Gross JA, Mann FA. Imaging of high‑energy midfacial trauma: What the surgeon needs to know. Eur J Radiol 2003;48:17‑32.
7. van Hout WM, Van Cann EM, Muradin MS, Frank MH, Koole R. Intraoperative imaging for the repair of zygomaticomaxillary complex fractures: A comprehensive review of the literature. J Craniomaxillofac Surg 2014;42:1918‑23.
8. Sohns JM, Staab W, Sohns C, Schwarz A, Streit U, Hosseini AS, et al.Current perspective of multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) in patients after midface and craniofacial trauma. Clin Imaging 2013;37:728‑33.
9. Peterson BE, Doerr TD. Utility of computed tomography scans in predicting need for surgery in nasal injuries. Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr 2013;6:221‑4.
10. Birgfeld CB, Mundinger GS, Gruss JS. Evidence‑based medicine: Evaluation and treatment of zygoma fractures. Plast Reconstr Surg 2017;139:168e‑80e.
11. NaeemA, Gemal H, Reed D. Imaging in traumatic mandibular fractures. Quant Imaging Med Surg 2017;7:469‑79.
12. Jurkiewicz MJ, Nickell WB. Fractures of the skeleton of the face. A study of diagnosis and treatment based on twelve years’ experience in the treatment of over 600 major fractures of the facial skeleton. J Trauma 1971;11:947‑58.
13. Schouman T, Courvoisier DS, Van Issum C, Terzic A, Scolozzi P. Can systematic computed tomographic scan assessment predict treatment decision in pure orbital floor blowout fractures? J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2012;70:1627‑32.
14. NeoviusE, Fransson M, PerssonC, Clarliden S, Farnebo F, LundgrenTK. Long‑term sensory disturbances after orbitozygomatic fractures. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2017;70:120‑6.
15. Strong EB, Sykes JM. Zygoma complex fractures. Facial Plast Surg 1998;14:105‑15.
16. Mueller CK, Zeiß F, Mtsariashvili M, Thorwarth M, Schultze‑Mosgau S. Correlation between clinical findings and CT‑measured displacement in patients with fractures of the zygomaticomaxillary complex. J Craniomaxillofac Surg 2012;40:e93‑8.
17. Oliveira‑Campos GH, Lauriti L, Yamamoto MK, Júnior RC, Luz JG. Trends in le fort fractures at a South American trauma care center: Characteristics and management. J Maxillofac Oral Surg 2016;15:32‑7.
18. Schwab RA, Genners K, Robinson WA. Clinical predictors of mandibular fractures. Am J Emerg Med 1998;16:304‑5.
19. Marchena JM, Padwa BL, Kaban LB. Sensory abnormalities associated with mandibular fractures: Incidence and natural history. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 1998;56:822‑5.
20. Thai KN, Hummel RP 3rd, Kitzmiller WJ, Luchette FA. The role of computed tomographic scanning in the management of facial trauma. J Trauma 1997;43:214‑7.
21. Gharehdaghi J, Samadi Rad B, Ghatreh Samani V, Kolahi F, Khatami Zonoozian A, Marashian SM. Comparison of physical examination and conventional radiography in diagnosis of nasal fracture. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2013;65:304‑7.
22. Bhargavan M. Trends in the utilization of medical procedures that use ionizing radiation. Health Phys 2008;95:612‑27.
23. Brenner DJ, Hall EJ. Computed tomography – An increasing source of radiation exposure. N Engl J Med 2007;357:2277‑84.
24. Holmgren EP, Dierks EJ, Assael LA, Bell RB, Potter BE. Facial soft tissue injuries as an aid to ordering a combination head and facial computed tomography in trauma patients. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2005;63:651‑4.
25. Sun Z, Ng KH, Vijayananthan A. Is utilisation of computed tomography justified in clinical practice? Part 1: Application in the emergency department. Singapore Med J 2010;51:200‑6.
26. Huang WY, Muo CH, Lin CY, Jen YM, Yang MH, Lin JC, et al.Paediatric head CT scan and subsequent risk of malignancy and benign brain tumour: A nation‑wide population‑based cohort study. Br J Cancer 2014;110:2354‑60.
27. Brenner DJ, Elliston CD. Estimated radiation risks potentially associated with full‑body CT screening. Radiology 2004;232:735‑8.
28. Stiell IG, Greenberg GH, McKnight RD, Nair RC, McDowell I, Reardon M, et al. Decision rules for the use of radiography in acute ankle injuries. Refinement and prospective validation. JAMA 1993;269:1127‑32.
29. Smith‑Bindman R, Lipson J, Marcus R, Kim KP, Mahesh M, Gould R,et al. Radiation dose associated with common computed tomography examinations and the associated lifetime attributable risk of cancer. Arch Intern Med 2009;169:2078‑86.
30. Mettler FA Jr., Wiest PW, Locken JA, Kelsey CA. CT scanning: Patterns of use and dose. J Radiol Prot 2000;20:353‑9.
31. SitzmanTJ, HansonSE, AlsheikNH, GentryLR, Doyle JF, GutowskiKA. Clinical criteria for obtaining maxillofacial computed tomographic scans in trauma patients. Plast Reconstr Surg 2011;127:1270‑8.
32. Sitzman TJ, Sillah NM, Hanson SE, Gentry LR, Doyle JF, Gutowski KA. Validation of clinical criteria for obtaining maxillofacial computed tomography in patients with trauma. J Craniofac Surg 2015;26:1199‑202.
33. Harrington AW, Pei KY, Assi R, Davis KA. External validation of university of Wisconsin’s clinical criteria for obtaining maxillofacial computed tomography in trauma. J Craniofac Surg 2018;29:e167‑70.
34. Büttner M, Schlittler FL, Michel C, Exadaktylos AK, Iizuka T. Is a black eye a useful sign of facial fractures in patients with minor head injuries? A retrospective analysis in a level I trauma centre over 10 years. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2014;52:518‑22.
35. Stewart CN, Wood L, Barta RJ. Validation of the “Wisconsin Criteria” for obtaining dedicated facial imaging and its financial impact at a level 1 trauma center. Craniomaxillofac Trauma Reconstr 2020;13:4‑8.