1. Ten Leading Causes of Death and Injury‑PDFs | Injury Center | CDC. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/LeadingCauses. html. [Last accessed on 2017 Aug 22].
2. Sobrino J, Shafi S. Timing and causes of death after injuries. Proc Bayl Univ Med Cent 2013;26:120‑3.
3. van Wessem KJ, Leenen LP. Reduction in mortality rates of postinjury multiple organ dysfunction syndrome: A Shifting paradigm? A Prospective population‑based cohort study. Shock 2018;49:33‑8.
4. Ulvik A, Kvåle R, Wentzel‑Larsen T, Flaatten H. Multiple organ failure after trauma affects even long‑term survival and functional status. Crit Care 2007;11:R95.
5. Vogel JA, Newgard CD, Holmes JF, Diercks DB, Arens AM, Boatright DH, et al. Validation of the Denver emergency department trauma organ failure score to predict post‑injury multiple organ failure. J Am Coll Surg 2016;222:73‑82. 6. Lausevic Z, Lausevic M, Trbojevic‑Stankovic J, Krstic S, StojimirovicB. Predicting multiple organ failure in patients with severe trauma. Can J Surg 2008;51:97‑102.
7. Moore L, Champion H, Tardif PA, Kuimi BL, O’Reilly G, LeppaniemiA, et al. Impact of trauma system structure on injury outcomes: Asystematic review and meta‑analysis. World J Surg 2018;42:1327‑39.
8. Chittawatanarat K, Chaiwat O, Morakul S, Pipanmekaporn T, Thawitsri T, Wacharasint P, et al. A multi‑center Thai university‑based surgical intensive care units study (THAI‑SICU study): Methodology and ICU characteristics. J Med Assoc Thai 2014;97 Suppl 1:S45‑54.
9. Durham RM, Moran JJ, Mazuski JE, Shapiro MJ, Baue AE, Flint LM. Multiple organ failure in trauma patients. J Trauma 2003;55:608‑16.
10. Haines RW, Lin SP, Hewson R, Kirwan CJ, Torrance HD, O’Dwyer MJ, et al. Acute kidney injury in trauma patients admitted to critical care: Development and validation of a diagnostic prediction model. Sci Rep 2018;8:3665.
11. Pfeifer R, Heussen N, Michalewicz E, Hilgers RD, Pape HC. Incidence of adult respiratory distress syndrome in trauma patients: A systematic review and meta‑analysis over a period of three decades. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2017;83:496‑506.
12. Vogel JA, Liao MM, Hopkins E, Seleno N, Byyny RL, Moore EE, et al. Prediction of postinjury multiple‑organ failure in the emergency department: Development of the denver emergency department trauma organ failure score. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2014;76:140‑5.
13. Jain A, Palta S, Saroa R, Palta A, Sama S, Gombar S. Sequential organ failure assessment scoring and prediction of patient’s outcome in intensive care unit of a tertiary care hospital. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2016;32:364‑8.
14. Cooper RG. Effect of tobacco smoking on renal function. Indian J Med Res 2006;124:261‑8.
15. Ferro TN, Goslar PW, Romanovsky AA, Petersen SR. Smoking in trauma patients: The effects on the incidence of sepsis, respiratory failure, organ failure, and mortality. J Trauma 2010;69:308‑12.
16. Chaiwat O, Chittawatanarat K, PiriyapathsomA, Pisitsak C, Thawitsri T, Chatmongkolchart S, et al. Incidence of and risk factors for acute respiratory distress syndrome in patients admitted to surgical intensive care units: The multicenter Thai university‑Based surgical intensive care unit (THAI‑SICU) study. J Med Assoc Thai 2016;99 Suppl 6:S118‑27.
17. Wacharasint P, Fuengfoo P, Sukcharoen N, Rangsin R, Group TS. Smoking increased risk of ARDS in surgical critically ill patients: Results from the multicenter THAI‑SICU study. Crit Care 2015;19 Suppl 1:P238.