1. Grimm M, Treibich C. Socio‑Economic Determinants of Road Traffic Accident Fatalities in Low and Middle Income Countries. Vol. 504. International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University; 2010. p. 1‑44.
2. Manan MM, Jonsson T, Várhelyi A. Development of a safety performance function for motorcycle accident fatalities on Malaysian primary roads. Saf Sci 2013;60:13‑20.
3. Sarani R, Rahim S, Marjan JM, Voon WS. Predicting Malaysian road fatalities for year 2020. Transp Res Board 2012; p.12-42.
4. Peden M, Scurfield R, Sleet D, Mohan D, Hyder AA, Jarawan E, editors. World Report on Road Traffic Injury Prevention. World Health Organization; 2004.
5. Bhalla K, Sharaz S, Abraham J, Bartels D, Yeh P. Road Injuries in 18 Countries: Methods, Data Sources and Estimates of the National Incidence of Road Injuries. Harvard Public Health; 2011.
6. World Health Organization. Global Status Report on Road Safety. World Health Organization; 2018.
7. Winston FK, Kallan MJ, Senserrick TM, Elliott MR. Risk factors for death among older child and teenaged motor vehicle passengers. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2008;162:253‑60.
8. Bilston LE, Du W, Brown J. A matched‑cohort analysis of belted front and rear seat occupants in newer and older model vehicles shows that gains in front occupant safety have outpaced gains for rear seat occupants. Accid Anal Prev 2010;42:1974‑7.
9. Donate‑López C, Espigares‑Rodríguez E, Jiménez‑Moleón JJ, Luna‑del‑Castillo Jde D, Bueno‑Cavanillas A, Lardelli‑Claret P. The association of age, sex and helmet use with the risk of death for occupants of two‑wheeled motor vehicles involved in traffic crashes in Spain. Accid Anal Prev 2010;42:297‑306.
10. GedeborgR, Thiblin I, Byberg L, Melhus H, Lindbäck J, Michaelsson K. Population density and mortality among individuals in motor vehicle crashes. Inj Prev 2010;16:302‑8.
11. Males M. Traffic crash victimizations of children and teenagers by drinking drivers age 21 and older. J Stud Alcohol Drugs 2010;71:351‑6.
12. Wu J, Subramanian R, Craig M, Starnes M, Longthorne A. The effect of earlier or automatic collision notification on traffic mortality by survival analysis. Traffic Inj Prev 2013;14 Suppl: S50‑7.
13. Donnelly JP, Griffin RL, Sathiakumar N, McGwin G Jr. Obesity and vehicle type as risk factors for injury caused by motor vehicle collision. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2014;76:1116‑21.
14. Rice TM, Zhu M. Driver obesity and the risk of fatal injury during traffic collisions. Emerg Med J 2014;31:9‑12.
15. Macinko J, Silver D, Bae JY. Age, period, and cohort effects in motor vehicle mortality in the United States, 1980‑2010: The role of sex, alcohol involvement, and position in vehicle. J Safety Res 2015;52:47‑57.
16. Brown JB, Gestring ML, Guyette FX, Rosengart MR, Stassen NA, Forsythe RM, et al. Helicopter transport improves survival following injury in the absence of a time‑saving advantage. Surgery 2016;159:947‑59.
17. Rice TM, Anderson CL, Lee AS. The association between booster seat use and risk of death among motor vehicle occupants aged 4‑8: A matched cohort study. Inj Prev 2009;15:379‑83.
18. Spoerri A, Egger M, von Elm E, Swiss National Cohort Study. Mortality from road traffic accidents in Switzerland: Longitudinal and spatial analyses. Accid Anal Prev 2011;43:40‑8.
19. Du W, Hayen A, Bilston L, Hatfield J, Finch C, Brown J. Association between different restraint use and rear‑seated child passenger fatalities: A matched cohort study. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2008;162:1085‑9.
20. Awadzi KD, Classen S, Hall A, Duncan RP, Garvan CW. Predictors of injury among younger and older adults in fatal motor vehicle crashes. Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:1804‑10.
21. Eksler V, Lassarre S. Evolution of road risk disparities at small‑scale level: Example of Belgium. J Safety Res 2008;39:417‑27.
22. Eluru N, Bhat CR, Hensher DA. A mixed generalized ordered response model for examining pedestrian and bicyclist injury severity level in traffic crashes. Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:1033‑54.
23. Factor R, Mahalel D, Yair G. Inter‑group differences in road‑traffic crash involvement. Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:2000‑7.
24. Gray RC, Quddus MA, Evans A. Injury severity analysis of accidents involving young male drivers in great Britain. J Safety Res 2008;39:483‑95. 25. Kvarnstrand L, Milsom I, Lekander T, Druid H, Jacobsson B. Maternal fatalities, fetal and neonatal deaths related to motor vehicle crashes during pregnancy: A national population‑based study. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2008;87:946‑52.
26. Lafont S, Amoros E, Gadegbeku B, Chiron M, Laumon B. The impact of driver age on lost life years for other road users in France: A population based study of crash‑involved road users. Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:289‑94.
27. Leigh JP, Geraghty EM. High gasoline prices and mortality from motor vehicle crashes and air pollution. J Occup Environ Med 2008;50:249‑54.
28. Farmer P, Howard A, Rothman L, Macpherson A. Booster seat laws and child fatalities: A case‑control study. Inj Prev 2009;15:348‑50.
29. Friedman LS, Hedeker D, Richter ED. Long‑term effects of repealing the national maximum speed limit in the United States. Am J Public Health 2009;99:1626‑31.
30. Hyatt E, Griffin R, Rue LW 3rd, McGwin G Jr. The association between price of regular‑grade gasoline and injury and mortality rates among occupants involved in motorcycle – And automobile‑related motor vehicle collisions. Accid Anal Prev 2009;41:1075‑9.
31. Kposowa AJ, Breault KD. Motor vehicle deaths among men: Marital status, gender and social integration. Int J Mens Health 2009;8:129‑42.
32. Lardelli‑Claret P, Espigares‑Rodríguez E, Amezcua‑Prieto C, Jiménez‑Moleón JJ, Luna‑del‑Castillo Jde D, Bueno‑Cavanillas A. Association of age, sex and seat belt use with the risk of early death in drivers of passenger cars involved in traffic crashes. Int J Epidemiol 2009;38:1128‑34.
33. Neeley GW, Richardson LE Jr. The effect of state regulations on truck‑crash fatalities. Am J Public Health 2009;99:408‑15.
34. Traynor TL. The impact of state level behavioral regulations on traffic fatality rates. J Safety Res 2009;40:421‑6.
35. Wilson FA, Stimpson JP, Hilsenrath PE. Gasoline prices and their relationship to rising motorcycle fatalities, 1990‑2007. Am J Public Health 2009;99:1753‑8.
36. Yan X, Radwan E, Mannila KK. Analysis of truck‑involved rear‑end crashes using multinomial logistic regression. Adv Transp Stud 2009;17:39‑52.
37. Farmer CM, Wells JK. Effect of enhanced seat belt reminders on driver fatality risk. J Safety Res 2010;41:53‑7.
38. Impinen A, Mäkelä P, Karjalainen K, Rahkonen O, Lintonen T, Lillsunde P, et al. High mortality among people suspected of drunk‑driving. An 18‑year register‑based follow‑up. Drug Alcohol Depend 2010;110:80‑4.
39. Karjalainen K, Lintonen T, Impinen A, Mäkelä P, Rahkonen O, Lillsunde P, et al. Mortality and causes of death among drugged drivers. J Epidemiol Community Health 2010;64:506‑12.
40. Lunevicius R, Herbert HK, Hyder AA. The epidemiology of road traffic injuries in the republic of Lithuania, 1998‑2007. Eur J Public Health 2010;20:702‑6.
41. McCarttAT, Teoh ER, Fields M, Braitman KA, Hellinga LA. Graduated licensing laws and fatal crashes of teenage drivers: A national study. Traffic Inj Prev 2010;11:240‑8.
42. Ouimet MC, Simons‑Morton BG, Zador PL, Lerner ND, Freedman M, Duncan GD, et al. Using the U.S. National household travel survey to estimate the impact of passenger characteristics on young drivers’ relative risk of fatal crash involvement. Accid Anal Prev 2010;42:689‑94.
43. Sivak M, Schoettle B. Toward understanding the recent large reductions in U.S. Road fatalities. Traffic Inj Prev 2010;11:561‑6.
44. Teoh ER, Campbell M. Role of motorcycle type in fatal motorcycle crashes. J Safety Res 2010;41:507‑12.
45. Bambach MR, Grzebieta RH, Olivier J, McIntosh AS. Fatality risk for motorcyclists in fixed object collisions. J Transp Saf Secur 2011;3:222‑35.
46. Castillo‑Manzano JI, Castro‑Nuño M, Pedregal DJ. Can fear of going to jail reduce the number of road fatalities? The Spanish experience. J Safety Res 2011;42:223‑8.
47. Chang DC, Eastman B, Talamini MA, Osen HB, Tran Cao HS, Coimbra R. Density of surgeons is significantly associated with reduced risk of deaths from motor vehicle crashes in US counties. J Am Coll Surg 2011;212:862‑6. 48. Daniello A, Gabler HC. Fatality risk in motorcycle collisions with roadside objects in the United States. Accid Anal Prev 2011;43:1167‑70.
49. Fell JC, Jones K, Romano E, Voas R. An evaluation of graduated driver licensing effects on fatal crash involvements of young drivers in the United States. Traffic Inj Prev 2011;12:423‑31.
50. Huang WS, Lai CH. Survival risk factors for fatal injured car and motorcycle drivers in single alcohol‑related and alcohol‑unrelated vehicle crashes. J Safety Res 2011;42:93‑9.
51. Lemp JD, Kockelman KM, Unnikrishnan A. Analysis of large truck crash severity using heteroskedastic ordered probit models. Accid Anal Prev 2011;43:370‑80.
52. Lopez‑CharnecoM, Conte‑MillerMS, Davila‑Toro F, García‑RiveraEJ, Zavala DE, Torres Y, et al. Motor vehicle accident fatalities trends, Puerto Rico 2000‑2007. J Forensic Sci 2011;56:1222‑6.
53. Sarkar S, Tay R, Hunt JD. Logistic regression model of risk of fatality in vehicle‑pedestrian crashes on national highways in Bangladesh. Transp Res Rec 2011;2264:128‑37.
54. Chu HC. An investigation of the risk factors causing severe injuries in crashes involving gravel trucks. Traffic Inj Prev 2012;13:355‑63.
55. Eluru N, Bagheri M, Miranda‑Moreno LF, Fu L. A latent class modeling approach for identifying vehicle driver injury severity factors at highway‑railway crossings. Accid Anal Prev 2012;47:119‑27.
56. Jehle D, Gemme S, Jehle C. Influence of obesity on mortality of drivers in severe motor vehicle crashes. Am J Emerg Med 2012;30:191‑5.
57. Jou RC, Yeh TH, Chen RS. Risk factors in motorcyclist fatalities in Taiwan. Traffic Inj Prev 2012;13:155‑62.
58. Lyon JD, Pan R, Li J. National evaluation of the effect of graduated driver licensing laws on teenager fatality and injury crashes. J Safety Res 2012;43:29‑37.
59. Nagata T, Takamori A, Berg HY, Hasselberg M. Comparing the impact of socio‑demographic factors associated with traffic injury among older road users and the general population in Japan. BMC Public Health 2012;12:887. 60. Rolison JJ, Hewson PJ, Hellier E, Husband P. Risk of fatal injury in older adult drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. J Am Geriatr Soc 2012;60:1504‑8. 61. Theofilatos A, Graham D, Yannis G. Factors affecting accident severity inside and outside urban areas in Greece. Traffic Inj Prev 2012;13:458‑67.
62. Travis LL, Clark DE, Haskins AE, Kilch JA. Mortality in rural locations after severe injuries from motor vehicle crashes. J Safety Res 2012;43:375‑80.
63. Voas RB, Torres P, Romano E, Lacey JH. Alcohol‑related risk of driver fatalities: An update using 2007 data. J Stud Alcohol Drugs 2012;73:341‑50. 64. BoseD, Arregui‑DalmasesC, Sanchez‑MolinaD, Velazquez‑AmeijideJ, Crandall J. Increased risk of driver fatality due to unrestrained rear‑seat passengers in severe frontal crashes. Accid Anal Prev 2013;53:100‑4.
65. Drucker C, Gerberich SG, Manser MP, Alexander BH, Church TR, Ryan AD, et al. Factors associated with civilian drivers involved in crashes with emergency vehicles. Accid Anal Prev 2013;55:116‑23.
66. Kaimila B, Yamashina H, Arai A, Tamashiro H. Road traffic crashes and fatalities in Japan 2000‑2010 with special reference to the elderly road user. Traffic Inj Prev 2013;14:777‑81.
67. Meehan WP 3rd, Lee LK, Fischer CM, Mannix RC. Bicycle helmet laws are associated with a lower fatality rate from bicycle‑motor vehicle collisions. J Pediatr 2013;163:726‑9.
68. Silver D, Macinko J, Bae JY, Jimenez G, Paul M. Variation in U.S. Traffic safety policy environments and motor vehicle fatalities 1980‑2010. Public Health 2013;127:1117‑25.
69. Stimpson JP, Wilson FA, Muelleman RL. Fatalities of pedestrians, bicycle riders, and motorists due to distracted driving motor vehicle crashes in the U.S 2005‑2010. Public Health Rep 2013;128:436‑42.
70. Tefft BC. Impact speed and a pedestrian’s risk of severe injury or death. Accid Anal Prev 2013;50:871‑8.
71. Wenzel T. The effect of recent trends in vehicle design on U.S. Societal fatality risk per vehicle mile traveled, and their projected future relationship with vehicle mass. Accid Anal Prev 2013;56:71‑81.
72. Zhu M, Zhao S, Gurka KK, Kandati S, Coben JH. Appalachian versus non‑Appalachian U.S. Traffic fatalities, 2008‑2010. Ann Epidemiol 2013;23:377‑80.
73. Fell JC. Update: Repeat DWI offenders involvement in fatal crashes in 2010. Traffic Inj Prev 2014;15:431‑3.
74. French MT, Gumus G. Macroeconomic fluctuations and motorcycle fatalities in the U.S. Soc Sci Med 2014;104:187‑93.
75. Jiménez‑Mejías E, Onieva‑García MÁ, Robles‑Martín J, Martínez‑Ruiz V, Luna‑Del‑Castillo Jde D, Lardelli‑Claret P. Why has the pedestrian death rate decreased in Spain between 1993 and 2011? An application of the decomposition method. Inj Prev 2014;20:416‑20.
76. Ossiander EM, Koepsell TD, McKnight B. Crash fatality and vehicle incompatibility in collisions between cars and light trucks or vans. Inj Prev 2014;20:373‑9.
77. Stimpson JP, Wilson FA, Araz OM, Pagan JA. Share of mass transit miles traveled and reduced motor vehicle fatalities in major cities of the United States. J Urban Health 2014;91:1136‑43.
78. Tefft BC. Driver license renewal policies and fatal crash involvement rates of older drivers, United States, 1986‑2011. Inj Epidemiol 2014;1:25.
79. Teoh ER. How have changes in front air bag designs affected frontal crash death rates? An update. Traffic Inj Prev 2014;15:606‑11.
80. Torres P, Romano E, Voas RB, de la Rosa M, Lacey JH. The relative risk of involvement in fatal crashes as a function of race/ethnicity and blood alcohol concentration. J Safety Res 2014;48:95‑101.
81. Bakhtiyari M, Delpisheh A, Monfared AB, Kazemi‑Galougahi MH, Mehmandar MR, Riahi M, et al. The road traffic crashes as a neglected public health concern; an observational study from Iranian population. Traffic Inj Prev 2015;16:36‑41.
82. Bandi P, Silver D, Mijanovich T, Macinko J. Temporal trends in motor vehicle fatalities in the United States, 1968 to 2010 – A joinpoint regression analysis. Inj Epidemiol 2015;2:4.
83. Bouaoun L, Haddak MM, Amoros E. Road crash fatality rates in France: A comparison of road user types, taking account of travel practices. Accid Anal Prev 2015;75:217‑25.
84. Cicchino JB. Why have fatality rates among older drivers declined? The relative contributions of changes in survivability and crash involvement. Accid Anal Prev 2015;83:67‑73.
85. Ewing R, Hamidi S. Urban sprawl as a risk factor in motor vehicle occupant and pedestrian fatalities: Update and refinement. Transp Res Rec 2015;2513:40‑7.
86. Farmer CM, Lund AK. The effects of vehicle redesign on the risk of driver death. Traffic Inj Prev 2015;16:684‑90.
87. Fogarty AW, Liu C. Temporal trends in the associations between age, sex and socioeconomic status after death from motor vehicle collisions in England and Wales: 1960‑2009. Emerg Med J 2015;32:203‑6.
88. Harper S, Charters TJ, Strumpf EC. Trends in socioeconomic inequalities in motor vehicle accident deaths in the United States, 1995‑2010. Am J Epidemiol 2015;182:606‑14.
89. Lee LK, Farrell CA, Mannix R. Restraint use in motor vehicle crash fatalities in children 0 year to 9 years old. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2015;79:S55‑60. 90. Lee LK, Monuteaux MC, Burghardt LC, Fleegler EW, Nigrovic LE, Meehan WP, et al. Motor vehicle crash fatalities in states with primary versus secondary seat belt laws: A time‑series analysis. Ann Intern Med 2015;163:184‑90.
91. Martínez‑Ruiz V, Jiménez‑Mejías E, Amezcua‑Prieto C, Olmedo‑Requena R, Luna‑del‑Castillo Jde D, Lardelli‑Claret P. Contribution of exposure, risk of crash and fatality to explain age – And sex‑related differences in traffic‑related cyclist mortality rates. Accid Anal Prev 2015;76:152‑8.
92. Yasmin S, Eluru N, Pinjari AR. Analyzing the continuum of fatal crashes: A generalized ordered approach. Anal Methods Accid Res 2015;7:1‑15.
93. Yeo J, Park S, Jang K. Effects of urban sprawl and vehicle miles traveled on traffic fatalities. Traffic Inj Prev 2015;16:397‑403.
94. Andrade SS, Mello‑Jorge MH. Mortality and potential years of life lost by road traffic injuries in Brazil, 2013. Rev Saude Publica 2016;50:59.
95. Bakhtiyari M, Mehmandar MR, Riahi SM, Mansournia MA, Sartipi M, Bahadorimonfared A. Epidemiologic pattern of fatal traffic injuries among Iranian drivers; 2004‑2010. Iran J Public Health 2016;45:503‑14.
96. Bénié Bi Vroh J, Tiembre I, Ekra DK, Ano Ama MN, Ka OM, Ncho Dagnan S, et al. Determinants of fatal road traffic injuries in Côte d’Ivoire from 2002 to 2011 Sante Publique 2016;28:647‑53.
97. Bhatti JA, Nathens AB, Redelmeier DA. Driver’s obesity and road crash risks in the United States. Traffic Inj Prev 2016;17:604‑9.
98. Bin Islam M, Hernandez S. Fatality rates for crashes involving heavy vehicles on highways: A random parameter Tobit regression approach. J Transp Saf Secur 2016;8:247‑65.
99. Boufous S, Olivier J. Recent trends in cyclist fatalities in Australia. Inj Prev 2016;22:284‑7.
100. Brazil N, Kirk DS. Uber and metropolitan traffic fatalities in the United States. Am J Epidemiol 2016;184:192‑8.
101. Brazinova A, Majdan M. Road traffic mortality in the Slovak Republic in 1996‑2014. Traffic Inj Prev 2016;17:692‑8.
102. Chang YS, Lee WJ, Lee JH. Are there higher pedestrian fatalities in larger cities?: A scaling analysis of 115 to 161 largest cities in the United States. Traffic Inj Prev 2016;17:720‑8.
103. Denning GM, Jennissen CA. All‑terrain vehicle fatalities on paved roads, unpaved roads, and off‑road: Evidence for informed roadway safety warnings and legislation. Traffic Inj Prev 2016;17:406‑12.
104. El‑Menyar A, Consunji R, Asim M, Abdelrahman H, Zarour A, Parchani A, et al. Underutilization of occupant restraint systems in motor vehicle injury crashes: A quantitative analysis from Qatar. Traffic Inj Prev 2016;17:284‑91. 105. Gopaul CD, Singh‑Gopaul A, Sutherland JM, Rostant L, Ebi KL, Chadee DD. The epidemiology of fatal road traffic collisions in Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies (2000‑2011). Glob Health Action 2016;9:32518.
106. Huang Y, Liu C, Pressley JC. Child restraint use and driver screening in fatal crashes involving drugs and alcohol. Pediatrics 2016;138. pii: e20160319.
107. Tavakoli KashaniA, Rabieyan R, Besharati MM. Modeling the effect of operator and passenger characteristics on the fatality risk of motorcycle crashes. J Inj Violence Res 2016;8:35‑42.
108. Matsui Y, Oikawa S, Sorimachi K, Imanishi A, Fujimura T. Association of impact velocity with risks of serious injuries and fatalities to pedestrians in commercial truck‑pedestrian accidents. Stapp Car Crash J 2016;60:165‑82. 109. Onieva‑García MÁ, Martínez‑Ruiz V, Lardelli‑Claret P, Jiménez‑Moleón JJ, Amezcua‑Prieto C, de Dios Luna‑Del‑Castillo J, et al. Gender and age differences in components of traffic‑related pedestrian death rates: Exposure, risk of crash and fatality rate. Inj Epidemiol 2016;3:14.
110. PulidoJ, BarrioG, HoyosJ, Jiménez‑Mejías E, Martín‑Rodríguez MdelM, Houwing S, et al. The role of exposure on differences in driver death rates by gender and age: Results of a quasi‑induced method on crash data in Spain. Accid Anal Prev 2016;94:162‑7.
111. Saha S, Schramm P, Nolan A, Hess J. Adverse weather conditions and fatal motor vehicle crashes in the United States, 1994‑2012. Environ Health 2016;15:104.
112. Shults RA, Williams AF. Graduated driver licensing night driving restrictions and drivers aged 16 or 17 years involved in fatal night crashes – United States, 2009‑2014. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2016;65:725‑30. 113. Truong LT, Kieu LM, Vu TA. Spatiotemporal and random parameter panel data models of traffic crash fatalities in Vietnam. Accid Anal Prev 2016;94:153‑61.
114. Vanlaar W, Mainegra Hing M, Brown S, McAteer H, Crain J, McFaull S. Fatal and serious injuries related to vulnerable road users in Canada. J Safety Res 2016;58:67‑77.
115. Zhu M, Zhao S, Long DL, Curry AE. Association of graduated driver licensing with driver, non‑driver, and total fatalities among adolescents. Am J Prev Med 2016;51:63‑70.
116. Besharati MM, Tavakoli Kashani A. Which set of factors contribute to increase the likelihood of pedestrian fatality in road crashes? Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2018;25:247‑56.
117. Dong C, Nambisan SS, Clarke DB, Sun J. Exploring the effects of state highway safety laws and sociocultural characteristics on fatal crashes. Traffic Inj Prev 2017;18:299‑305.
118. Farmer CM. Relationship of traffic fatality rates to maximum state speed limits. Traffic Inj Prev 2017;18:375‑80.
119. Hadland SE, Xuan Z, Sarda V, Blanchette J, Swahn MH, Heeren TC, et al. Alcohol policies and alcohol‑related motor vehicle crash fatalities among young people in the US. Pediatrics 2017;139. pii: e20163037.
120. Hamidun R, Roslan A, Sarani R. Exploring factors for pedestrian fatalities at junctions in Malaysia. Pertanika J Soc Sci Hum 2017;25:1833‑40.
121. Joseph B, Hadeed S, Haider AA, Ditillo M, Joseph A, Pandit V, et al. Obesity and trauma mortality: Sizing up the risks in motor vehicle crashes. Obes Res Clin Pract 2017;11:72‑8.
122. Kashani AT, Besharati MM. Fatality rate of pedestrians and fatal crash involvement rate of drivers in pedestrian crashes: A case study of Iran. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2017;24:222‑31.
123. Li G, Chihuri S, Brady JE. Role of alcohol and marijuana use in the initiation of fatal two‑vehicle crashes. Ann Epidemiol 2017;27:342‑70.
124. Lombardi DA, Horrey WJ, Courtney TK. Age‑related differences in fatal intersection crashes in the United States. Accid Anal Prev 2017;99:20‑9.
125. McDonald NC. Trends in automobile travel, motor vehicle fatalities, and physical activity: 2003‑2015. Am J Prev Med 2017;52:598‑605.
126. Noland RB, Zhou Y. Has the great recession and its aftermath reduced traffic fatalities? Accid Anal Prev 2017;98:130‑8.
127. Plevin RE, Kaufman R, Fraade‑Blanar L, Bulger EM. Evaluating the potential benefits of advanced automatic crash notification. Prehosp Disaster Med 2017;32:156‑64.
128. Robertson L. Climate change, weather and road deaths. Inj Prev 2018;24:232‑5.
129. Schepers P, Stipdonk H, Methorst R, Olivier J. Bicycle fatalities: Trends in crashes with and without motor vehicles in the Netherlands. Transp Res Part F Traffic Psychol Behav 2017;46:491‑9.
130. Wang Y, Liang L, Evans L. Fatal crashes involving large numbers of vehicles and weather. J Safety Res 2017;63:1‑7.
131. Wolf LL, Chowdhury R, Tweed J, Vinson L, Losina E, Haider AH, et al. Factors associated with pediatric mortality from motor vehicle crashes in the United States: A state‑based analysis. J Pediatr 2017;187:295‑302.e3.
132. Goel R. Modelling of road traffic fatalities in India. Accid Anal Prev 2018;112:105‑15.
133. Jeppsson H, Östling M, Lubbe N. Real life safety benefits of increasing brake deceleration in car‑to‑pedestrian accidents: Simulation of vacuum emergency braking. Accid Anal Prev 2018;111:311‑20.
134. Lee JM. Mandatory helmet legislation as a policy tool for reducing motorcycle fatalities: Pinpointing the efficacy of universal helmet laws. Accid Anal Prev 2018;111:173‑83.
135. Martin JL, Wu D. Pedestrian fatality and impact speed squared: Cloglog modeling from French national data. Traffic Inj Prev 2018;19:94‑101.
136. Prato CG, Kaplan S, Patrier A, Rasmussen TK. Considering built environment and spatial correlation in modeling pedestrian injury severity. Traffic Inj Prev 2018;19:88‑93.
137. Ramstedt M. Alcohol and fatal accidents in the United States – A time series analysis for 1950‑2002. Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:1273‑81.
138. Houston DJ, Richardson LE. Motorcyclist fatality rates and mandatory helmet‑use laws. Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:200‑8.
139. Rosén E, Sander U. Pedestrian fatality risk as a function of car impact speed. Accid Anal Prev 2009;41:536‑42.
140. Arranz JM, Gil AI. Traffic accidents, deaths and alcohol consumption. Appl Econ 2009;41:2583‑95.
141. Romano E, Kelley‑Baker T, Voas RB. Female involvement in fatal crashes: Increasingly riskier or increasingly exposed? Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:1781‑8. 142. Malyshkina NV, Mannering FL. Analysis of the effect of speed limit increases on accident‑injury severities. Transp Res Rec 2008;1:122‑7.
143. Cheung I, McCarttAT. Declines in fatal crashes of older drivers: Changes in crash risk and survivability. Accid Anal Prev 2011;43:666‑74.
144. Nakahara S, Ichikawa M. Effects of high‑profile collisions on drink‑driving penalties and alcohol‑related crashes in Japan. Inj Prev 2011;17:182‑8.
145. Goldstein GP, Clark DE, Travis LL, Haskins AE. Explaining regional disparities in traffic mortality by decomposing conditional probabilities. Inj Prev 2011;17:84‑90.
146. Kweon YJ, Lee J. Potential risk of using general estimates system: Bicycle safety. Accid Anal Prev 2010;42:1712‑7.
147. Chandran A, Sousa TR, Guo Y, Bishai D, Pechansky F; Vida No Transito Evaluation Team. Road traffic deaths in Brazil: Rising trends in pedestrian and motorcycle occupant deaths. Traffic Inj Prev 2012;13 Suppl 1:11‑6.
148. Males MA. Poverty as a determinant of young drivers’ fatal crash risks. J Safety Res 2009;40:443‑8.
149. Brady JE, Li G. Prevalence of alcohol and other drugs in fatally injured drivers. Addiction 2013;108:104‑14.
150. Mannix R, Fleegler E, Meehan WP 3rd, Schutzman SA, Hennelly K, Nigrovic L, et al. Booster seat laws and fatalities in children 4 to 7 years of age. Pediatrics 2012;130:996‑1002.
151. Viano DC, Parenteau CS. Fatalities of children 0‑7 years old in the second row. Traffic Inj Prev 2008;9:231‑7.
152. Wilson FA, Stimpson JP. Trends in fatalities from distracted driving in the United States, 1999 to 2008. Am J Public Health 2010;100:2213‑9.
153. Consunji RJ, Peralta RR, Al‑Thani H, Latifi R. The implications of the relative risk for road mortality on road safety programmes in Qatar. Inj Prev 2015;21:e105‑8.
154. Chang K, Wu CC, Ying YH. The effectiveness of alcohol control policies on alcohol‑related traffic fatalities in the United States. Accid Anal Prev 2012;45:406‑15.
155. Morrisey MA, Grabowski DC. Gas prices, beer taxes and GDL programmes: Effects on auto fatalities among young adults in the US. Appl Econ 2011;43:3645‑54.
156. Desai A, Bekelis K, Zhao W, Ball PA. Increased population density of neurosurgeons associated with decreased risk of death from motor vehicle accidents in the United States. J Neurosurg 2012;117:599‑603.
157. Cotti C, Tefft N. Decomposing the relationship between macroeconomic conditions and fatal car crashes during the great recession: Alcohol‑and non‑alcohol‑related accidents. B E J Econom Anal Policy 2011;11:35‑50.
158. Masten SV, Foss RD, Marshall SW. Graduated driver licensing and fatal crashes involving 16‑ to 19‑year‑old drivers. JAMA 2011;306:1098‑103.
159. Hanna CL, Laflamme L, Bingham CR. Fatal crash involvement of unlicensed young drivers: County level differences according to material deprivation and urbanicity in the United States. Accid Anal Prev 2012;45:291‑5.
160. Bakhtiyari M, Mehmandar MR, Mirbagheri B, Hariri GR, Delpisheh A, Soori H. An epidemiological survey on road traffic crashes in Iran: Application of the two logistic regression models. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2014;21:103‑9.
161. Park K, Hwang SS, Lee JS, Kim Y, Kwon S. Individual and areal risk factors for road traffic injury deaths: Nationwide study in South Korea. Asia Pac J Public Health 2010;22:320‑31.
162. Denning GM, Harland KK, Ellis DG, Jennissen CA. More fatal all‑terrain vehicle crashes occur on the roadway than off: Increased risk‑taking characterises roadway fatalities. Inj Prev 2013;19:250‑6.
163. Cummins JS, Koval KJ, Cantu RV, Spratt KF. Do seat belts and air bags reduce mortality and injury severity after car accidents? Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 2011;40:E26‑9.
164. Romano E, Voas RB. Drug and alcohol involvement in four types of fatal crashes. J Stud Alcohol Drugs 2011;72:567‑76.
165. Bogstrand ST, Larsson M, Holtan A, Staff T, Vindenes V, Gjerde H. Associations between driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding and seatbelt use among fatally injured car drivers in Norway. Accid Anal Prev 2015;78:14‑9.
166. Carpenter D, Pressley JC. Graduated driver license nighttime compliance in US teen drivers involved in fatal motor vehicle crashes. Accid Anal Prev 2013;56:110‑7.
167. Oh C, Kang YS, Youn Y, Konosu A. Development of probabilistic pedestrian fatality model for characterizing pedestrian‑vehicle collisions. Int J Automot Technol 2008;9:191‑6.
168. Zhu M, Zhao S, Coben JH, Smith GS. Why more male pedestrians die in vehicle‑pedestrian collisions than female pedestrians: A decompositional analysis. Inj Prev 2013;19:227‑31.
169. Keall MD, Newstead S. Analysis of factors that increase motorcycle rider risk compared to car driver risk. Accid Anal Prev 2012;49:23‑9.
170. Zhu M, Cummings P, Zhao S, Coben JH, Smith GS. The association of graduated driver licensing with miles driven and fatal crash rates per miles driven among adolescents. Inj Prev 2015;21:e23‑7.
171. Olszewski P, Szagała P, Wolański M, Zielińska A. Pedestrian fatality risk in accidents at unsignalized zebra crosswalks in Poland. Accid Anal Prev 2015;84:83‑91.
172. Prato CG, Gitelman V, Bekhor S. Mapping patterns of pedestrian fatal accidents in Israel. Accid Anal Prev 2012;44:56‑62.
173. Kusano KD, Gabler HC. Comprehensive target populations for current active safety systems using national crash databases. Traffic Inj Prev 2014;15:753‑61.
174. Daigneault G, Joly P, Frigon JY. Executive functions in the evaluation of accident risk of older drivers. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 2002;24:221‑38.