1. Majdzadeh R, Khalagi K, Naraghi K, Motevalian A, Eshraghian MR. Determinants of traffic injuries in drivers and motorcyclists involved in an accident. Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:17‑23.
2. Bahadorimonfared A, Soori H, Mehrabi Y, Delpisheh A, Esmaili A, Salehi M, et al. Trends of fatal road traffic injuries in Iran (2004‑2011). PLoS One 2013;8:e65198.
3. Soori H, Ainy E, Bazargan‑Hejazi S. Opportunities, threats and barriers to enacting mandatory child car restraint laws in Iran. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2015;22:314‑9.
4. Sadeghi‑Bazargani H, Ayubi E, Azami‑Aghdash S, Abedi L, Zemestani A, Amanati L, et al. Epidemiological patterns of road traffic crashes during the last two decades in Iran: A review of the literature from 1996 to 2014. Arch Trauma Res 2016;5:e32985.
5. Zimmerman K, Jinadasa D, Maegga B, Guerrero A. Road traffic injury on rural roads in Tanzania: Measuring the effectiveness of a road safety program. Traffic Inj Prev 2015;16:456‑60.
6. Mirzaei M, Mirzadeh M, Shogaei Far H, Mirzaei M. Trends in road traffic deaths in Yazd, Iran, 2004 – 2010. Arch Trauma Res 2016;5:e29266.
7. Toroyan T. Road traffic injury prevention receives boost from Bloomberg Family Foundation. Injury Prev 2007;13:431-2. [doi: 10.1136/ ip. 2007.017459].
8. Akbari ME, Naghavi M, Soori H. Epidemiology of deaths from injuries in the Islamic republic of Iran. East Mediterr Health J 2006;12:382‑90.
9. Shahbazi F, Soori H, Khodakarim S, Ghadirzadeh MR, Shojaei A, Hashemi Nazari SS. Investigation of the role of traffic police function in reducing geographical inequalities in mortality from road traffic accidents. Arch Trauma Res 2018;7:92‑7.
10. Naghavi M, Shahraz S, Bhalla K, Jafari N, Pourmalek F, Bartels D, et al. Adverse health outcomes of road traffic injuries in Iran after rapid motorization. Arch Iran Med 2009;12:284‑94.
11. Murray CJ, Vos T, Lozano R, Naghavi M, Flaxman AD, Michaud C. Disability‑adjusted life years (DALYs) for 291 diseases and injuries in 21 regions, 1990‑2010: A systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study 2010. Lancet 2012;380:2197‑223.
12. Bhalla K, Naghavi M, Shahraz S, Bartels D, Murray CJ. Building national estimates of the burden of road traffic injuries in developing countries from all available data sources: Iran. Inj Prev 2009;15:150‑6.
13. Montazeri A. Road‑traffic‑related mortality in Iran: A descriptive study. Public Health 2004;118:110‑3.
14. Soori H, Royanian M, Zali AR, Movahedinejad A. Road traffic injuries in Iran: The role of interventions implemented by traffic police. Traffic Inj Prev 2009;10:375‑8.
15. Rasouli MR, Nouri M, Zarei MR, Saadat S, Rahimi‑Movaghar V. Comparison of road traffic fatalities and injuries in Iran with other countries. Chin J Traumatol 2008;11:131‑4.
16. Weiss SJ, Ellis R, Ernst AA, Land RF, Garza A. A comparison of rural and urban ambulance crashes. Am J Emerg Med 2001;19:52‑6.
17. Muelleman RL, Mueller K. Fatal motor vehicle crashes: Variations of crash characteristics within rural regions of different population densities. J Trauma 1996;41:315‑20.
18. Muelleman RL, Walker RA, Edney JA. Motor vehicle deaths: A rural epidemic. J Trauma 1993;35:717‑9.
19. World Health Organization. Global status report on road safety 2018 [online]. Available from: URL: https://www.who.int/violence_injury_ prevention/road_safety_status/2018/en/. [Last cited on 2019 Jan 25].
20. Moharamzad Y, Taghipour H, Hodjati Firoozabadi N,Hodjati Firoozabadi A, Hashemzadeh M, Mirjalili M, et al. Mortality pattern according to autopsy findings among traffic accident victims in Yazd, Iran. Chin J Traumatol 2008;11:329‑34.
21. Roudsari BS, Sharzei K, Zargar M. Sex and age distribution in transport‑related injuries in Tehran. Accid Anal Prev 2004;36:391‑8.
22. Mahdian M, Sehat M, Fazel MR, Moraveji A, Mohammadzadeh M. Epidemiology of urban traffic accident victims hospitalized more than 24 hours in a level III trauma center, Kashan county, Iran, during 2012‑2013. Arch Trauma Res 2015;4:e28465.
23. Ziyab AH, Akhtar S. Incidence and trend of road traffic injuries and related deaths in Kuwait: 2000‑2009. Injury 2012;43:2018‑22.
24. Ngo AD, Rao C, Hoa NP, Hoy DG, Trang KT, Hill PS. Road traffic related mortality in Vietnam: Evidence for policy from a national sample mortality surveillance system. BMC Public Health 2012;12:561.
25. Alghnam S, Palta M, Hamedani A, Alkelya M, Remington PL, Durkin MS. Predicting in‑hospital death among patients injured in traffic crashes in Saudi Arabia. Injury 2014;45:1693‑9.
26. Yadollahi M, Paydar S, Sabetianfard Jahromi G, Khalili H, Etemadi S, Abbasi H, et al. Types and causalities in dead patients due to traumatic injuries. Arch Trauma Res 2015;4:e26028.
27. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Traffic Safety Facts, 2001. Overview. National Center for Statistics and Analysis; 2001.
28. Maio RF, Green PE, Becker MP, Burney RE, Compton C. Rural motor vehicle crash mortality: The role of crash severity and medical resources. Accid Anal Prev 1992;24:631‑42.
29. American Association of State Highway, Transportation Officials. A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets, 2011. AASHTO; 2011.
30. Boland M, Staines A, Fitzpatrick P, Scallan E. Urban‑rural variation in mortality and hospital admission rates for unintentional injury in Ireland. Inj Prev 2005;11:38‑42.
31. Mehmandar M, Soori H, Amiri M, Norouzirad R, Khabzkhoob M. Risk factors for fatal and nonfatal road crashes in Iran. Iran Red Crescent Med J 2014;16:e10016.
32. Mahdian M, Sehat M, Fazel MR, Akbari H, Rahimi H, Mohammadzadeh M. Road traffic deaths in Kashan region, Iran: An eight‑year study (2006‑2013). Chin J Traumatol 2018;21:54‑7.
33. Moafian G, Aghabeigi MR, Heydari ST, Hoseinzadeh A, Lankarani KB, Sarikhani Y. An epidemiologic survey of road traffic accidents in Iran: Analysis of driver‑related factors. Chin J Traumatol 2013;16:140‑4.