1. Kiakalayeh AD, Mohammadi R, Ekman DS, Chabok SY, Janson B. Unintentional drowning in northern Iran: A population‑based study. Accid Anal Prev 2008;40:1977‑81.
2. World Health Organization. Global Report on Drowning Preventing a Leading Killer. World Health Organization; 2011. Available from: https://www.who.int/en/news‑room/fact‑sheets/detail/drowning. [Last accessed on 2016 Nov 2019; [Last accessed on 2020 Feb 18].
3. Rahman A, Mashreky SR, Chowdhury SM, Giashuddin MS, Uhaa IJ, Shafinaz S, et al. Analysis of the childhood fatal drowning situation in Bangladesh: Exploring prevention measures for low‑income countries. Inj Prev 2009;15:75‑9.
4. Kiakalayeh AD, Mohammadi R, Ekman DS, Chabok SY, Janson B. Unintentional drowning in northern Iran: a population-based study. Accident Analysis & Prevention. 2008;40:1977-81.
5. Lozano R, Naghavi M, Foreman K, Lim S, Shibuya K, Aboyans V, et al. Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. Lancet 2012;380:2095‑128.
6. Naghavi M. Death Figures 2004. Ministry of Health and Medical Education in Iran. Tehran, IR Iran; 2004.
7. Mosayebi Z, Movahedian AH, Mousavi GA. Drowning in children in Iran: Outcomes and prognostic factors. Med J Malaysia 2011;66:187‑90.
8. Akbapour S, Jafari N, Khosravi A, Soori H. Pattern of drowning and its burden in Northern provinces of Iran (Gilan and Mazandaran) in 2008. Iran J Epidemiol 2011;7;38‑43.
9. Davoudi Kiakalayeh A, Dalal K, Yousefzade Chabok Sh, Jansson B, Mohammadi R. Costs related to drowning and near‑drowning in Northern Iran (Guilan province). Ocean Coastal Manag 2011;54:250‑5.
10. Derakhshan P, Moghaddam SS, Saadat S, Ghanbari A, Rezaei N, Khosravi S, et al. Trends in the drowning mortality rate in Iran. Injury prevention. 2019:injuryprev-2019-043225.
11. Global Burden of Disease Study 2016 (GBD 2016) Results [Internet], 2016. Available: https:// vizhub. Healthdata. org/ gbd- compare. [Last Accessed on 2020 Feb 18].
12. Mirzamani M, Mohammadi MR, Besharat MA. Post‑traumatic stress disorder symptoms of children following the occurrence of Tehran City Park disaster. J Psychol 2006;140:181‑6.
13. Tan RM. The epidemiology and prevention of drowning in Singapore. Singapore Med J 2004;45:324‑9.
14. Suresh Kumar Shetty B, Shetty M. Epidemiology of drowning in Mangalore, a coastal Taluk of South India. J Forensic Leg Med 2007;14:410‑5. 15. Alpert B. Bathtub drowning: Unintentional, neglect, or abuse. Med Health R I 2003;86:385‑6.
16. Tyler MD, Richards DB, Reske‑Nielsen C, Saghafi O, Morse EA, CareyR, et al. The epidemiology of drowning in low‑ and middle‑income countries: A systematic review. BMC Public Health 2017;17:413.
17. Monsef V, Asadi P, Maleki Ziabari SM. Comparative study of drowned cases who had been assisted by relief of Guilan’s EMS in the first six months of 2011‑2012. Iran J Forensic Med 2014;19:275‑81.
18. Divsalar A, Khademi A. Investigation of drownings in Mazandaran province in 2007. Forensic Sci J 2010;16:7‑13.
19. Thompson DC, Rivara F. Pool fencing for preventing drowning of children. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 1998.
20. Kolahdoozan A, Dinpajooh Y, Mirabbasi NR. Effect of Zayandehrood River Dry Becoming on Najafabad Aquifer Oscillations During the Past two Decades; 2015.
21. Pesyan BV, Porakrami M, Mehrbani FB, Porakrami S. The Investigation of Lake Urmia Drying Trend and Its Important Consequence on the Surrounding Settlements. Journal of Rural Research. 2017;8:438-53.
22. Legal Medicine Organization. Report of Drowning Mortality in Iran by Iran Legal Medicine Organization Tehran: Forensic Medicine Research Center; 2018 [Last cited on 2020 July 01].