1. Gill M, Fisher BS, Bowie V, editors. Violence at work. Routledge; 2013 Jan 11. [BOOK].
2. Pinar T, Acikel C, Pinar G, Karabulut E, Saygun M, Bariskin E, et al. Workplace violence in the health sector in Turkey: A national study. J Interpers Violence 2017;32:2345‑65.
3. Becher J, Visovsky C. Horizontal violence in nursing. Medsurg Nurs 2012;21:210‑3, 232.
4. Imran N, Pervez MH, Farooq R, Asghar AR. Aggression and violence towards medical doctors and nurses in a public health care facility in Lahore, Pakistan: A preliminary investigation. Khyber Med Univ J 2013;5:179‑84.
5. Hahn S, Zeller A, Needham I, Kok G, Dassen T, Halfens RJ. Patient and visitor violence in general hospitals: A systematic review of the literature. Aggress Violent Behav 2008;13:431‑41.
6. Pich JV, Kable A, Hazelton M. Antecedents and precipitants of patient‑related violence in the emergency department: Results from the Australian VENT Study (Violence in Emergency Nursing and Triage). Australas Emerg Nurs J 2017;20:107‑13.
7. Joubert E, du Rand A, van Wyk N. Verbal abuse of nurses by physicians in a private sector setting. Curationis 2005;28:39‑46.
8. Hegney D, Tuckett A, Parker D, Eley RM. Workplace violence: Differences in perceptions of nursing work between those exposed and those not exposed: A cross‑sector analysis. Int J Nurs Pract 2010;16:188‑202.
9. Celebioğlu A, Akpinar RB, Küçükoğlu S, Engin R. Violence experienced by Turkish nursing students in clinical settings: Their emotions and behaviors. Nurse Educ Today 2010;30:687‑91.
10. Cashmore AW, Indig D, Hampton SE, Hegney DG, Jalaludin BB. Workplace violence in a large correctional health service in New South Wales, Australia: A retrospective review of incident management records. BMC Health Serv Res 2012;12:245.
11. Björkdahl A, Hansebo G, Palmstierna T. The influence of staff training on the violence prevention and management climate in psychiatric inpatient units. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 2013;20:396‑404.
12. Imani B, Nazari L, Majidi L, Zandieh M, Tajobi M. Investigation of the causes and solutions to violence in the workplace, emergency nurses in selected hospitals of Hamadan University of Medical Sciences Pajouhan Scientific Journal. 2014;12:64-74.
13. Esmaeilpour M, Salsali M, Ahmadi F. Workplace violence against Iranian nurses working in emergency departments. Int Nurs Rev 2011;58:130‑7.
14. Pai HC, Lee S. Risk factors for workplace violence in clinical registered nurses in Taiwan. J Clin Nurs 2011;20:1405‑12.
15. Fute M, Mengesha ZB, Wakgari N, Tessema GA. High prevalence of workplace violence among nurses working at public health facilities in Southern Ethiopia. BMC Nurs 2015;14:9.
16. International Centre on Nurse Migration. Public Hearing and New User’s Guide on the WHO Global Code of Practice; 2011. Available from: http:// www.intlnursemigration.org/assets/enews/ICNMeNews2011April.pdf. [Last accessed on 2018 Oct 08].
17. International Council of Nurses. Education Network Fact Sheet; 2012. Available from: http://www.nln.org/getinvolved/pdf/icn fact sheet.pdf. [Last accessed on 2018 Oct 10].
18. Fallahi Khoshknab M, Tamizi Z, Ghazanfari N. Workplace violence status, vulnerable and preventive factors among nurses working in psychiatric wards. JHPM. 2013;2:7-16.
19. Afkhamzadeh A, Bolbanabad AM, Moloudi B, Safari H, Piroozi B. Workplace violence against physicians and medical students in west part of Iran. International Journal of Human Rights in Healthcare. 2019 May 7.
20. Zamanzadeh V, Soleimamnejad N, Abdollahzadeh F. The workplace violence against nurses working in East Azarbaijan Province hospitals. Iran J Res Nurs 2009;29:61‑6.
21. SalimiJ, Erdi EL, Davari KM. Violence against nurses in non‑psychiatry emergency wards. Iran J Forensic Med 2007;12:202‑9.
22. Rafati R, Zabihi A, Hosseini J. Study of nurses exposed to verbal and physical violence in hospitals. J School Nurs Midwife 2012;17:5‑11.
23. Hashemi‑Dermaneh T, Masoudi‑Alavi N, Abedzadeh‑Kalahroudi M. Nurses’ experiences of workplace violence in Kashan/Iran: A qualitative content analysis. Nurs Midwifery Stud 2019;8:203‑9.
24. Moraveji M, Soleymannejad N. Workplace violence against nursesworking in hospitals of Zanjan province. Iran J Health Care 2012;14:10‑9.
25. Jacobson J. Violence and nursing. Am J Nurs 2007;107:25‑6.
26. Weaver KB. The effects of horizontal violence and bullying on new nurse retention. J Nurses Prof Dev 2013;29:138‑42.
27. Mozafari M, Tavan H. Survey of violence against nursing in the Ilam training hospitals at 2012.
28. Lee SH, Chung SE. Nurses’ experience of verbal abuse in hospital setting. J Korean Academy Nurs Admin 2007;13:526‑36.
29. Henderson AD. Nurses and workplace violence: Nurses’ experiences of verbal and physical abuse at work. Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 2003;16:82‑98. 30. Teymoorzadeh E, Rashidian A, Arab M, Sari AA, Ghasemi M. Exposure to psychological violence among the nursing staff in a large teaching hospital in Tehran. J School Public Health Inst Public Health Res 2009;7:41.
31. Shoghi M, Sanjari M, Shirazi F, Heidari S, Salemi S, Mirzabeigi G. Workplace violence and abuse against nurses in hospitals in Iran. Asian Nurs Res (Korean Soc Nurs Sci) 2008;2:184‑93.
32. Zamanzadeh V, Abdollahzadeh F. Nature of violence toward nurses working in hospitals. Med J Tabriz Univ Med Sci Health Ser 2007;29:61‑6.
33. Baby M, Glue P, Carlyle D. ‘Violence is not part of our job’: A thematic analysis of psychiatric mental health nurses’ experiences of patient assaults from a New Zealand perspective. Issues Ment Health Nurs 2014;35:647‑55.