1. Gheshlagh RG, Aslani M, Shabani F, Dalvand S, Parizad N. Prevalence of needlestick and sharps injuries in the healthcare workers of Iranian hospitals: An updated meta‑analysis. Environ Health Prevent Med 2018;23:44.
2. Ghasemzadeh I, Kazerooni M, Davoodian P, Hamedi Y, Sadeghi P. Sharp injuries among medical students. Glob J Health Sci 2015;7:320‑5.
3. Adib‑Hajbaghery M, Lotfi MS. Behavior of healthcare workers after injuries from sharp instruments. Trauma Mon 2013;18:75‑80.
4. Kebede G, Molla M, Sharma HR. Needle stick and sharps injuries among health care workers in Gondar city, Ethiopia. Saf Sci 2012;50:1093‑7.
5. Mehregan N, Adineh M, Saberipour B, Ghorbani P, Hemmatipour A. The prevalence of sharp object injuries among the operating room staff. Orig Article 2018;5:25‑31.
6. Khatony A, Abdi A, Jafari F, Vafaei K. Prevalence and reporting of needle stick injuries: A survey of surgery team members in Kermanshah University of medical sciences in 2012. Glob J Health Sci 2015;8:245‑51.
7. Cho E, Lee H, Choi M, Park SH, Yoo IY, Aiken LH. Factors associated with needlestick and sharp injuries among hospital nurses: Across‑sectional questionnaire survey. Int J Nurs Stud 2013;50:1025‑32.
8. Jahangiri M, Rostamabadi A, Hoboubi N, Tadayon N, Soleimani A. Needle stick injuries and their related safety measures among nurses in a university hospital, Shiraz, Iran. Saf Health Work 2016;7:72‑7.
9. Tabatabaei SM, Pour FB, AvvalJO, Osmani S, Mokhtari S, Bekheyr MA. Occupational exposure to blood and other body fluids among healthcare workers in three teaching Hospitals, Southeast Iran. International Journal of Infection 2016;3:1‑6.
10. Baghcheghi N, Koohestani HR, Rezaei K, Seraji A, Abedi AR. Prevalence needlestick/sharps injuries among nursing student and related factor. Iran Occup Health J 2011;7:6.
11. Higgin J, Thompson S, Deeks J, Altman D. Measuring inconsistency in meta‑analysis. BMJ 2003;327:557‑60.
12. Julian P, Higgins S. Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Cochrane Training.Version 9. 2019.
13. Begg CB, Mazumdar M. Operating characteristics of a rank correlation test for publication bias. Biometrics 1994;50:1088‑101.
14. Egger M, Smith GD, Schneider M, Minder C. Bias in meta‑analysis detected by a simple, graphical test. BMJ 1997;315:629‑34.
15. DerSimonian R, Laird N. Meta‑analysis in clinical trials. Control Clin Trials 1986;7:177‑88.
16. Nejadrahim R, Gharahughi N, Sistanizade M. Needlestick injuries in the health care workers of Urmia educational Hospitals. J Nurs Midwifery Urmia Univ Med Sci 2005;3.
17. Seyyedeh RE, Mohammadnejad E, Hadizadeh R, Mozafari J, Ranjbaran S, Deljo R, et al. Epidemiolojy of needle stick and sharp injuries among nurses in an Iranian teaching hospital. Arch Clin Infect Dis 2012;8:27‑30.
18. Askarian M, Shaghaghian S, McLaws ML. Needlestick injuries among nurses of Fars province, Iran. Ann Epidemiol 2007;17:988‑92.
19. Nazmieh H, Yarandi AN, Janmohammadi S, Hosseini F. Assessment of the injuries caused by sharp instruments in the health workers of university hospitals, in Yazd. Iran J Nurs 2005;18:49‑59.
20. Lotfi R, Gholami A. Needle stick and sharps injuries and its risk factors among health center personnel (Astara; Iran, 2006). J Babol Univer Med Sci 2008;10:71‑7.
21. Rakhshani F, Heidari M, Barati S. Prevalence of needlestick injuries among the healthcare professionals in Zahedan medical sciences university. Iran J Epidemiol 2009;4:87‑91.
22. Gholami A, Salarilak SH, Alinia T, Rahim RA. Study of needle stick injuries among health care workers at teaching hospitals in Urmia, Iranian. J Epidemiol 2010;6:57‑61.
23. Mohohammadnejad E, Dopolani FN. Risk factors of needle stick and sharp injuries among health care workers. J Nurs Midwifery Sci 2015;2:34‑9.
24. Mehrdad R, Meshki M, Pouryagub G. Effects of training course on occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens: A controlled interventional study. Int J Prev Med 2013;4:1236‑42.
25. Koohestani HR, Baghestani N, Rezaei K. Blood contaminated needle stick/sharp injuries and exposure to patients body fluids in medical emergency students. Iran J Crit Care Nurs 2010;3:57‑62.
26. Ebrahimi MH, Khosravi A. Needlestick injuries among Nurses. J Res Health Sci 2007;7:56‑62.
27. Heidari M, Shahbazi S. Prevalence of needle sticks exposure in operation room’s staff of Borujen and Lordegan hospitals 2010‑2011. J Sch Nurs Midwifery Allied Health 2010;5:32‑7.
28. Moradi A, Mostafavi E, Moradi A. The prevalence and causes of needle stick injuries among the primary health care workers of Bahar city, Hamadan Province. Iran Occup Health J 2010;7:39‑42.
29. Bijani B, Sotudehmanesh S, Mohammadi N. Epidemiological features of needle stick injuries among nursing staff. J Guilan Univ Med Sci 2011;20:61‑8. 30. Seraji A, Koohestani H, Baghcheghi N, Rezaei K. Barriers to the reporting of needlestick/sharps injuries among nursing and midwifery students in Arak, Iran. Iran J Epidemiol 2011;7:58‑64.
31. Shiva F, SanaeiA, ShamshiriA, Ghotbi F. Survey of needle stick injuries in peadiatric health personnel of 5 university hospital in Tehran. J Pak Med Assoc 2011;61:126‑31.
32. Rahnavard F, Rezamasooleh SF, Kazemnejad E. Evaluation of the factors related to the reporting of injuries due to needle and sharp objects in nurses working in Guilan University of medical sciences, Rasht. Nurs Midwifery Jamenegar 2013;21:30‑7.
33. Senjedak SM, Makiki F, Vagharseyyedin SA. Prevalence of needle stick injuries and some related issues among the nursing students. J Health Care 2012;15:30‑8.
34. Shoghli A, Nasab NM, Ghorchian F, Masoumi H, Momtazi S. Study of the needle sticks injury (NSI) among the Zanjan educational hospitals staff. J Adv Med Biomed Res 2013;21:131‑41.
35. Shahrabadi R, Seydshohadai M, Hosseini F. Sharp instruments injuries in intensive and general wards. Cardiovasc Nurs J 2012;1.
36. Pili JP, Nazanin I, Golbabei F. Factors associated with needle stick and sharp injuries among health care workers. Int J Occup Hyg 2013;5:191‑7.
37. Askarian M, Malekmakan L, Memish ZA, Assadian O. Prevalence of needle stick injuries among dental, nursing and midwifery students in Shiraz, Iran. GMS Krankenhaushyg Interdiszip 2012;7:Doc05.
38. Aghabeigi R, Haghighi S, Asadi M, Adarvishi S, Zadeh MH, Ghaderi M. Frequency and factors of injuries by sharp instruments and needle sticks in operation room’s workers in Ahvaz hospitals in 2013. J Clin Nurs Midwifery 2015;4:1‑11.
39. Abdifard E, Sepahvand E, Aghaei A, Hosseini S, Khachian A. Needle‑stick, sharp injuries, and its related factors among nurses of Imam Reza hospital, Kermanshah, Iran. J Client Cent Nurs Care 2015;1:183‑8.
40. Geravandi S, Alavi SM, Yari AR, Yousefi F, Hosseini SA, Kamaei S, et al. Epidemiological aspects of needle stick injuries among health care workers in Razi hospital Ahvaz, Iran, in 2015. Arch Hyg Sci 2016;5:85‑91.
41. Lakbala P, Sobhani G, Lakbala M, Inaloo KD, Mahmoodi H. Sharps injuries in the operating room. Environ Health Prev Med 2014;19:348‑53.
42. Amini M, Behzadnia MJ, Saboori F, Bahadori M, Ravangard R. Needle‑stick injuries among healthcare workers in a teaching hospital. Trauma Mon 2015;20:e18829.
43. Yarahmadi R, Dizaji RA, Hossieni AF, Farshad AA, Nsiahcwa B, Moridi P, et al. The prevalence of needle sticks injuries among health care workers at a hospital in Tehran Iranian. J Health Saf Environ 2013;1:23‑9.
44. Hashemi SH, Mamani M, Torabian S. Hepatitis B vaccination coverage and sharp injuries among healthcare workers in Hamadan, Iran. Avicenna J Clin Microbiol Infect 2014;1:19949.
45. Hajivandi A, Ramavandi B, Rezaeeshiri A, Ahmadi B. A survey on the sharp and cutting wastes injury in nurses of the Bushehr city hospitals in the year 1392. J Nurs Midwifery Urmia Univer Med Sci 2015;13:490‑7.
46. Abareshi F, HekmatshoarR, ZokaeiM, AkramiR. Survey of occupational exposure to needle stick and its risk factors among healthcare workers in one of Sabzevar’s hospital. Iran Occup Health J 2018;14:70‑7.
47. Mahmoudi N, Sepandi M, Mohammadi AS, Masoumbeigi H. Epidemiological aspects of needle stick injuries among nurses in a military hospital. Iran J Health Saf Environ 2015;2:374‑9.
48. Milani HS, EznollahA, Abbasi S. Epidemiology of sharp injuries among medical and nursing students of Shahid Beheshti university of medical sciences. Adv Nurs Midwifery 2017;26:27‑34.
49. Balouchi A, Shahdadi H, Ahmadidarrehsima S, Rafiemanesh H. The frequency, causes and prevention of needlestick injuries in nurses of Kerman: A cross‑sectional study. J Clin Diagn Res 2015;9:Dc13‑5.
50. Joukar F, Mansour‑Ghanaei F, Asgharnezhad M. Needlestick injuries among healthcare workers: Why they do not report their incidence? Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res 2018;23:382‑7.
51. Salmanzadeh SH, Rahimi Z, Goshtasbipour M, Meripoor M. The prevalence of needle‑stick injuries among healthcare workers in Dasht‑e‑Azadegan, Southern West of Iran. Int J Pharm Res Allied Sci 2016;5:417‑22.
52. Khoshnood Z, Nouhi E, Adel M. Prevalence of needle stick and sharp injuries among nursing and midwifery students. Asian J Nurs Educ Res 2015;5:5‑311.
53. Ghasemi M, Khabazkhoob M, Hashemi H, Yekta A, Nabovati P. The incidence of needle stick and sharp injuries and their associations with visual function among hospital nurses. J Curr Ophthalmol 2017;29:214‑20.
54. Nouhi E, Khoshnood Z, Mahdi SA. Needle stick and sharp object injuries among nursing and midwifery students of Kerman University of medical science, 2007. Nurs Res 2010;5:18‑22.
55. Nejadghaderi SM, Safizadeh H, Khanjani N. The knowledge and practice of medical staff about needle injuries in Rafsanjan’s Ali‑ebne‑Abitaleb Hospital, Iran. J Health Dev 2012;1:1‑10.
56. Farsi D, Zare MA, Hassani SA, Abbasi S, Emaminaini A, Hafezimoghadam P, et al. Prevalence of occupational exposure to blood and body secretions and its related effective factors among health care workers of three emergency departments in Tehran. J Res Med Sci 2012;17:656‑61.
57. Nasiri E, Vahed M, Siamian H, Mortazavi Y, Jafari H. Needle sticks injury with contaminated blood in the special unit, staff. Middle East J Sci Res 2010;5:61‑4.
58. Akbari H, Ghasemi F, Akbari H, AdibzadehA. Predicting needlestick and sharps injuries and determining preventive strategies using a Bayesian network approach in Tehran, Iran. Epidemiol Health 2018;40:e2018042.
59. Moayed MS, Mahmoudi H, Ebadi A, Salary MM, Danial Z. Effect of education on stress of exposure to sharps among nurses in emergency and trauma care wards. Trauma Mon 2015;20:e17709.
60. Habibzadeh H, Zinalpoor S, Jafarizadeh H, Hossein M. A study on the risk factors of needle stick and contact with secretions from patients among the students of Urmia university of medical sciences. J Urmia Nurs Midwifery Fac 2016;14:496‑503.
61. Azadi A, Anoosheh M. Needlestick injuries reporting among clinical nurses. Iran J Nurs 2007;20:7‑14.
62. Jafari NA, Shasti M, Izadi M, Ranjbar R, Ghasemi M. Evaluation of frequency of exposure to medical sharp devices among nurses of a university hospital. J Mil Med 2008;10:119‑28.
63. Hashemipour M, Sadeghi A. Needlestick injuries among medical and dental students at the university of Kerman. A questionnaire study. J Dent Tehran Univer Med Sci 2008;5:71‑6.
64. Aghadoost D, Tabatabaei B, Hajijafari M, Ziloochi M. Occupational exposure to blood in the stuff of educational‑medical centers of Kashan University of medical sciences in 2005. Faiz J 2007;10:59‑64.
65. Hoboubi N, Asadi N, Ghanavati FK, Jabery O. The association between workload and needlestick injuries among the nurses in the hospitals affiliated with Ahvaz University of medical sciences. Shiraz E Med J 2019;20:e81460. 66. Yarmohammadi M. Investigating the serologic status and epidemiological aspects of health care workers’ exposure to HBV and HCV viruses. Knowl Health 2011;5:37‑42.
67. Abdi MH, Najafipour S, Hamidizadeh S, Jamali F, Pournourouz N: Survey of accidental injuries caused by sharp instruments among the jahrom university of medical sciences hospitals health care workers 2008. 2009;7:30-38.
68. Galougahi MHK: Evaluation of needle stick injuries among nurses of Khanevadeh Hospital in Tehran. Iranian journal of nursing and midwifery research 2010;15:172.
69. Syed FS, Bener A, Kabbi A, Latif AK, Samson S. The epidemiology of needle stick injuries among health care workers in a newly developed country. Saf Sci 2006;44:387‑94.
70. Siddique K, Anil S, Fzza SH. Knowledge attitude and practices regarding needle stick injuries amongst healthcare providers. Pak J Surg 2008;24:242‑8.
71. Khraisat F, Juni MH, Rahman AA, Md Said S. Needlestick and sharp injuries among healthcare workers in hospitals: A mini‑systematic review. Int J Clin Med Res 2014;1:151‑60.
72. Martins A, Coelho AC, Vieira M, Matos M, Pinto ML. Age and years in practice as factors associated with needlestick and sharps injuries among health care workers in a Portuguese hospital. Accid Anal Prev 2012;47:11‑5. 73. Voide C, Darling KE, Kenfak‑Foguena A, Erard V, Cavassini M, Lazor‑Blanchet C. Underreporting of needlestick and sharps injuries among healthcare workers in a Swiss university hospital. Swiss Med Wkly 2012;142:w13523.
74. Yoshikawa T, Wada K, Lee JJ, Mitsuda T, Kidouchi K, Kurosu H, et al. Incidence rate of needlestick and sharps injuries in 67 Japanese hospitals: A national surveillance study. PLoS One 2013;8:1‑5.
75. Sayehmiri K, Mohammadi E, Mohammadi I, Sayehmiri F. Epidemiology of needle sticks and sharps injuries in healthcare workers in Iran: A systematic review and meta‑analysis. Iran Occup Health J 2014;11:93‑103.